Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

View Poll Results: What kind of Christmas tree 🎄 do you put up ?
Real tree each year 48 18.60%
Fake tree each year 163 63.18%
Both a real tree and a fake tree 27 10.47%
Sometimes real , sometimes fake 16 6.20%
Never have a tree 4 1.55%
Voters: 258. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23 Nov 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

We loved a real tree, but have come to the conclusion why should we kill something that has taken years to grow, for a couple of weeks for our satisfaction.

Fake for us.
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
We loved a real tree, but have come to the conclusion why should we kill something that has taken years to grow, for a couple of weeks for our satisfaction.

Fake for us.
Are you a vegetarian or vegan also?
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Fake for us. Much less hassle to be honest but I love real trees. Growing up I remember trudging through fields and woods with my dad to find a tree which we would cut down and bundle into the car to take home and then be decorated with my mum. At the time it seemed like a great adventure and something I thought everyone did. Looking back I think it was more to do with the lack of money. 😂☹️ But I wouldn’t change it for a thing and the memories are something I would never want to change. I can remember one year getting home to discover that the tree had a massive bare patch which upset my dad as he thought it would ruin Christmas. My solution was to hacksaw a branch from one side, drill a hole in the trunk and slot it in. It worked a treat and lasted until the tree came down in the new year.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 03:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Growing up on a small holding it was always a huge real tree cut down on our land and put up same day
Till mum and dad sold it was always a real tree now our Wiemaranier dog never lifted his leg on a tree from the holding first year mumamd dad sold we got one from a local grower he cocked his leg on it so often he fused the lights ( this boy squared to pee anywhere else )
So now it's a real tree in the garden and at least 2 fake in the house
I go one from Florida to decorate 10 trees 3 of ours and 7 for clients 2 of which are 12 footers and a nine footer que me on a ladder or hanging over the bannister to finish them love it though
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 06:23 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I have a selection of living trees grown from little ones I put on my grandparents grave. One is higher than house in back garden but most are in pots on patio and Infront garden. I light these but have artificial indoors.

Edited at 06:27 AM.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

We have a 7ft fake tree which, when it's a done looks beautiful and I love it - but sorting out the branches is the worst thing ever for me, i hate it!
Did consider a real one for the first time ever, but I'm too tight to pay that much money for a big tree that would only be used for a short time, and it makes me sad seeing them all dead at the side of the road in the new year!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
malt1977
Apprentice Imagineer

After decades of having a real tree, we’ve finally given in and bought a fake tree from the White Company.

I’m looking forward to not having to visit all the farms and garden centers to find one, then the rigmarole of disposing of it after.
malt1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I have a selection of living trees grown from little ones I put on my grandparents grave. One is higher than house in back garden but most are in pots on patio and Infront garden. I light these but have artificial indoors.
That's really nice and a great idea
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by malt1977 View Post
After decades of having a real tree, we’ve finally given in and bought a fake tree from the White Company.

I’m looking forward to not having to visit all the farms and garden centers to find one, then the rigmarole of disposing of it after.
We dont have a real tree, but our local zoo asks for the old real trees after Christmas to put into the animal enclosures.
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 19, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Real, nothing beats it! They look beautiful and classy. Even good fake ones cant compare.
We have it in the lounge next to the fireplace (which we don't use)
It looks fabulous. But we have just had no sofas delivered and it may bot safely fit in the usual place so it may now be at near the dining room. Our lounge is very large so have several options of where to put it.

Edited at 07:39 PM.
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List