Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 30 Nov 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
allycat228
Apprentice Imagineer

I had awful trouble with Disney store , I’ve bought wine glasses 3 times and 3 times it’s been cocked up, I told them the last time what was going to happen before it did.

These were all Disney and Hermes, Hermes I’ve never had problems with in any other delivery

Edited at 08:51 PM.
allycat228 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Totally sympathise. Are there no Disney shops anywhere near you?
Kinda. It’s 15miles away. Would be a bit of a trek cos I wouldn’t be going for anything else and there is a good chance my sister will be working their and we are estranged so would rather delivery to avoid this.

If it comes to it I would go and get it from there but they won’t give it me at the discount price. It would be full if I paid in store.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Hermes are just rubbish full stop. Last year a ordered a cabin size suitcase from Disney store.
Same as you item too large, what? it’s only a small suitcase.
Three web chats with Hermes, no success. Did web chat with Disney who refunded me straight away.

With Hermes, item is too big is basically code for we have lost your parcel.

I’d get back on to Disney and ask for a refund. They should be able to give you a code to get the discount you originally got, they did this for me.

Edited at 09:05 PM.
LLamb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 19, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
cdavenport
Imagineer

cdavenport's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Hermes strikes again.
A few years ago my Amazon parcel (to be delivered by Hermes) was signed for and given to a random person in a car at the top of my drive! Two different stories were given by the driver. My husband was in as we’d had another delivery that day. It was a £300 Xbox for my son. I don’t believe it was delivered at all. Never did find out where it went, I went round all the neighbours no one had it. Amazon sent me another one but I told them I didn’t want it delivering by Hermes.
OP, I do believe that Disney should send you another set straight away, as yes, your contract is with them and they haven’t fulfilled it. Tell them they need to send it with a different carrier.
Oct 93-Best Western, Oct '95-Villa Davenport, Oct '96-Hotel Kissimmee, Nov '98-Villa Westridge, Nov '00-Port Richey, Oct '02-Cypress Point/BlueTree Resort, Oct '03-Mystic Dunes, Dec '05-NYC/Westgate Resort/Regal Palms, Dec '07-Polynesian Isles/Regal Palms, May '09-Villa, Dec '09-Orange Lake Resort, Aug '10 SSR/Cypress Point/Indian Wells, Jul '12- Calabay Parc, Apr '14-Villa, Marbella Resort, Jul/Aug '15-SSR/Villa Cypress Point, Oct '16-Ramada Plaza Resort, Jul '17-OKW/Villa

Edited at 08:18 AM.
cdavenport is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 19, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I had an issue with a Disney package last year being delivered by Hermes.
Disney refunded me but Hermes customer service was awful.
This was a Christmas present for my granddaughter and by the time Hermes admitted they didn't know where it was it was sold out.
Fast forward to the end of January and it was delivered by Hermes so goodness knows where it had been.
Old 1 Dec 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
DPC
Trying for More Ears

Hermes are awful yet Disney aren't helping matters! Disappointing service - UK Disney are useless at customer service!
DPC is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I agree that the issue is with Hermes but I just wanted to say that our local Hermes courier is a lovely man so their poor service isn’t universal.

I do think Disney need to step up though as they choose the courier service.

Trip Report Index

Edited at 09:43 AM.
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes agree, our local Hermes courier is quite good it’s just getting to him is the problem
LLamb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 19, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Our Hermes delivery driver is great, she knows my car and will leave the parcel in a safe place if my car isn’t parked in the normal place.

I did try to contact Hermes head office once to compliment her and that totally confused the person I spoke to. The fact that I’d called was never passed on to the driver and that gave me an insight into the company.

OP - I hope the dolls get to you eventually. There are posts on here every year about how useless Hermes can be but if Disney choose to use them then they need to sort any issues that arise.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Disney Store could use Royal Mail but as we know with Disney, it’s all about the profits😀
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List