Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Jan 20, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
I heard this too... it’s so long since I rode it (11+ years) but the memory of it puts it as my fave rollercoaster! Watching Rix Flix on YouTube, he is predicting a 6 month down time from September, that would be great for me (August trip) but I guess we’ll just have to wait and see!
hope its not from september as it would be closed during HHN and I always have to ride at HHN lol x
Old 13 Jan 20, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Susethomasx View Post
I hope so. My own internal logic says it’s a great Halloween ride, with the skeletons, creepy crawlies and the Mummy of course so closing it over Christmas rather than the Halloween season makes more sense. But that’s just a complete rumour I’ve created to soothe myself.
Lol... but it really does make a lot more sense! 🤞🏼
Old 13 Jan 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Heisenberg316 View Post
Oh no if it is for refurb, and closing in September, I do hope its at the end as I was really looking forward to riding again this year. Been 4 years since my last visit and it's the one ride I'd overcome my fear of and simply loved it. Must've rode it 50 times in 2 weeks! If it is then I suppose it's as good a time as any to get over my fear of Rip Ride Rocket and Hulk and finally get on those bad boys
The Hulk is fab, smooth and fast, my fav ride.
RRR, done it loads of times but I am always slightly anxious and struggle to get my hands up for the photo. No idea why as it is a great ride
Old 13 Jan 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Heisenberg316 View Post
If it is then I suppose it's as good a time as any to get over my fear of Rip Ride Rocket and Hulk and finally get on those bad boys
It briefly crossed my mind that this could be the time to try RRR too, but I have decided no and DH agrees with me. We don't think we could do it without over shoulder restraints.

We did Hulk for the first time last year, DH did it without me first of all and then practically insisted we both do it again right there and then. We did and I loved it, it is a very smooth ride and the restraints feel super robust and secure.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
It briefly crossed my mind that this could be the time to try RRR too, but I have decided no and DH agrees with me. We don't think we could do it without over shoulder restraints.

We did Hulk for the first time last year, DH did it without me first of all and then practically insisted we both do it again right there and then. We did and I loved it, it is a very smooth ride and the restraints feel super robust and secure.
I actually find RRR better than the coasters with overhead restraints as my head rattles off the restraints. You’re very secure on RRR.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I actually find RRR better than the coasters with overhead restraints as my head rattles off the restraints. You’re very secure on RRR.
We, I have never seen anyone topple off it, so I kind of know it is secure. But after examining the test chair, we don’t think that we would feel secure. That is our dilemma.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

As per usual. Where did you get this info.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mrslfc
Excited about Disney

Hope it still open in Aug when we will go this its on DS must ride list!
mrslfc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mattyped View Post
As per usual. Where did you get this info.
Quite a rude way to put it, but I’m guessing the information has come from other sources (it is only rumour at this point based on a rides natural life cycle)
Rix Flix is a blogger that does tend to get very accurate information from Universal employees past and present, he’s not always right but mostly is. He did a vlog only a couple of days ago about it.
Plus there are facebook pages and other forums that are speculating about it.
TeeKayDawn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
JoanicSicos
Getting Excited

Should be pointed out it's probably over due a refurb. Hollywood's version was refurbed in 2018 and opened a month later than the florida one.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was on the money.
JoanicSicos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List