Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 23 Jan 20, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Heihei
Being a bit Goofy

ADR day tomorrow - confused!

Hi everyone,

After reading lots, I was fairly certain that I had a good idea of how ADRs work and how I'd approach booking them on the day.

I've just been doing a dummy run (without actually confirming) and on the app it will allow me to select Monday 20th July or Tuesday 21st July as a date choice but then states there is a server problem when you try and search for restaurants. Thinking that this could be because Tuesday 21st July reservations don't open until 11, I tried yesterday and encountered the same issue.

However, if I go online on the website to access ADRs on MDE, it only offers me dates up to the last Sunday (19.07) before we arrive (on the Wednesday 22.07) however I have no issues running dummy bookings for Sunday.

Worrying that it won't be as simple as I first thought. Any ideas as to why this happens would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Kate

Edited at 08:56 AM.
Heihei is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Heihei View Post
Hi everyone,

After reading lots, I was fairly certain that I had a good idea of how ADRs work and how I'd approach booking them on the day.

I've just been doing a dummy run (without actually confirming) and on the app it will allow me to select yesterday or today as a date choice but then states there is a server problem when you try and search for restaurants. Thinking that this could be because today's reservations don't open until 11, I tried yesterday and encountered the same issue.

However, if I go online on the website too access ADRs on MDE, it only offers me dates up to last Sunday, however I have no issues running dummy bookings for Sunday.

Worrying that it won't be as simple as I first thought. Any ideas as to why this happens would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Kate
What do you mean you got offered dates up to last Sunday? You can’t run searches in the past, so I don’t understand how you could select yesterday as a date choice or last Sunday? Bookings need to be in the future.

Booking ADRs is simple, but some people will find it only works on the app and some will find it only works on the website.

But as I mention, I just do not understand what you mean with regards these historical searches or what it is you tried to do. Could you try explaining exactly what you did with details.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Heihei
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

I'm so sorry that's a poor explanation on my part. I mean I can run dummy bookings up to the last Sunday before we arrive.

So we arrive on Wednesday 22nd July which I think makes our ADR day tomorrow.

Both the website and the app will allow me to book as far as Sunday 19th July. The app will allow me to select Monday 20th and Tuesday 21st but then crashes. The website is not displaying any further than Sunday 19th.

Thank for your reply!
Heihei is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Heihei
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
What do you mean you got offered dates up to last Sunday? You can’t run searches in the past, so I don’t understand how you could select yesterday as a date choice or last Sunday? Bookings need to be in the future.
I've edited the whole post as I was clearly asleep when I wrote it and it made almost no sense! 🤣
Old 23 Jan 20, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Heihei View Post
I'm so sorry that's a poor explanation on my part. I mean I can run dummy bookings up to the last Sunday before we arrive.

So we arrive on Wednesday 22nd July which I think makes our ADR day tomorrow.

Both the website and the app will allow me to book as far as Sunday 19th July. The app will allow me to select Monday 20th and Tuesday 21st but then crashes. The website is not displaying any further than Sunday 19th.

Thank for your reply!
Thank you that is much clearer. Everything looks in order to me other than that small glitch on the app which I will come to.

As your booking day is not here, you can see booking availability up to the 19th July which is the same as anybody else in the world with an MDE account. That is because bookings are available for everyone at 180 days and 19th July is 180 days away.

The app should not have the 20th and 21st appearing as available to you as you are not in your booking window. But I know what you mean, when my ADR day came around all my first ten days had gone “blue” in the app calendar even though it was 8am so it was three hours early.

At first I thought maybe they had changed the rules or I was benefiting from some glitch, but like you, I found it crashed when I searched because it was genuinely not my booking time. I think the dates going blue too early was the glitch. Don’t worry, it will sort itself, I waited three hours, tried at the proper time and everything was fine.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Heihei
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Don’t worry, it will sort itself, I waited three hours, tried at the proper time and everything was fine.
Thank you so much for your advice. I managed to secure all the TS meals we wanted at pretty much the exact times I'd hoped for. You definitely calmed me down!

It turns out booking ADRs wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! 😊
Old 19 Feb 20, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

I know what you mean, when my ADR day came around all my first ten days had gone “blue” in the app calendar even though it was 8am so it was three hours early.

At first I thought maybe they had changed the rules or I was benefiting from some glitch, but like you, I found it crashed when I searched because it was genuinely not my booking time. I think the dates going blue too early was the glitch. Don’t worry, it will sort itself, I waited three hours, tried at the proper time and everything was fine.
I’ve just found the same thing - had a look at ADRs on the app and the website to check it’s working and logged in etc for my ADR day today, and my first ten days had gone blue in the app. I can’t get past selecting a date though (which I expected as I remembered reading this. Couldn’t help hoping though!)

The website has only gone blue for 17th August (180 days from today) which won’t be available until 11am. Hopefully the rest will also go blue at that point.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Fairy Helen
Getting Excited

Mobile

The others go a day at a time, so you have to book those each day for the rest of your dates. It used to be the whole stay was bookable.
Fairy Helen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List