Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Feb 20, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Partyof3
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by goofyfave View Post
I took my son to DLP for his first birthday. I also got the whole 'he won't remember it' nonsense. But he did enjoy it! I remember him being excited about all the lights, crawling around the floor of the DLP hotel and smiling at meeting the characters.

We are going to WDW next month when he will be 2.9 and he is so excited to see the castle and meet his favourite characters. I am positive he won't be scared of them, and we spend time looking through the photo's so he know's he has already met them!

We have watched a ton of the movies so he is familiar with most of the characters he is likely to encounter. I absolutely cannot wait to walk into Magic Kingdom and see his face light up at the castle!
That's the thing they may not remember it but we do and how lovely is it to show them photos when they are older.
Awww that sounds so exciting you must get different things from it at different ages great excuse to just keep going too Haha 🥰
Partyof3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Partyof3
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by mushumadness View Post
my oldest was 8 weeks old the first time we took him, on christmas eve 2008, its was a magical trip we even had family photos down at the grand floridian with our wedding photographer, (from january 2008)
just seeing it all the first time as a family

that little 8 week old has since been joined by a brother and twin sisters, seeing all their first at disney was amazing.

theyre 11,10,8,8 years old now and on the coundown to going back to florida, mine have moved on from disney and like the thrill coasters. But its memorys i'll always treasure
Wow 8 weeks that's amazing! Awww you must love seeing them enjoy different parts of it everytime you go!
Partyof3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Partyof3
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by tunnie12345 View Post
I have been to disneyworld as a kid, a teen and as a couple but there is nothing that Compares to being a parent and seeing the look on your children's face as they walk into magic kingdom or meeting their favourite character.

My daughter also has autism and at home masks herself so much and it is mentally draining for her but Disneyworld or disneyland is the only place where we go where she just let's herself go and act how she wants without worry of what people think

People complain about raising prices but for me the have 2/3 weeks where my daughter can be happy and relax I think is priceless.
That's amazing to hear so excited to visit as a parent! Wow how amazing for you all tho you are right that really is priceless 🥰
Old 20 Feb 20, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Partyof3
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyIrishMama View Post
we took DD when she was 2 and i remember standing in line waiting to see the princesses, DD was such a chatterbox and was talking away non stop in the queue, all of a sudden we got around the corner and she saw Aurora and did a HUGE gasp '' OMG mam its really Aurora'' .. her little face was just so magical and i got the whole thing on video. That was our 1st trip with kids. we now have 3 children and DD is 10, she still has that wide eyed excitement when we get onto main street and see the castle. I always well up seeing their reactions to every detail and magical moment, it will never get old for me as a parent being able to see how happy Disney makes them.
What amazing memories I definitely think I am going to tear up too just knowing I can take him to a place that means so much to us!
Old 20 Feb 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Partyof3
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr & Mrs Duck View Post
Sounds really cheesy but I honestly never thought our Disney holidays could be as good as they were when it was just the two of us, but how wrong was I! We took our eldest for the first time when she was 16 months. One of my favourite memories was when she met Daisy. She took a little while to warm up to meeting the characters and we never forced it but one day at Epcot we got in line to meet Daisy and she just absolutely loved her. It was like they were long lost friends having a catch up. She was just full of smiles and gave her tons of hugs. My heart could’ve burst it was just so beautiful. We’re going back soon and our eldest will have just turned 4 and our new addition will be 16 months and I cannot wait.
Not cheesy at all I can't imagine what it is going to be like yet but I'm feeling so excited about it! Awwe that is such a cute memory and many more to come I'm sure 🥰
Old 20 Feb 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Partyof3
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by wdw1991 View Post
Like yourselves me and DH had been loads of times on our own. Last year we took our little girl, she was 11months when we went, not walking on her own but walking with assistance. We initially weren’t going to do disney but then decided we couldn’t go and not do it. We made so many memories, she was so excited seeing all of the characters and she had a fantastic interaction with mickey at MK he got down on the floor with her and played peek a boo it’s a trip I will never forget 🥰
Amazing! So glad it was such a great trip I'm not sure if our little one will be walking or not but either way it doesn't really matter. Love that the memories for us will last a lifetime 🥰
Old 20 Feb 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Partyof3
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by TheKrow View Post
We took our son at 16months, it was absolutely amazing. He loved the characters, would cuddle them all, playing with Pluto's nose and tongue and he fell in love with Ariel too! It's incredible, have the best time!

Oh my goodness these photos what a cutie thanks so much for sharing! Thanks so much we can't wait 🥰
Old 20 Feb 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

We took our son for his second visit when he was two. He danced and entertained the crowds waiting in line for rope drop at the parks every day. He adored Chip and Dale and got into several “tickle fights” with them any time they saw him or he saw them it was hilarious! That time of year (June) wasn’t as hectic as the parks are these days and he had loads of time to take part in things like the interactive lights and music in the Journey into Imagination building before you exit the shop. He also loved the Kidcot searches (and Agent Perry as he got a little older). Rafiki’s Planet Watch over in AK was a constant request and doing the Hidden Mickey’s hunt. We also collected mini plush Mickeys from the resorts and he would line them up on the bed. We often came back to our room to have our son gasp in excitement when he saw that the housekeeper had arranged his plushies along with the towel animals and any toys on the bed so they were either watching tv or dangling off the furniture or having a picnic on the bed.. I miss those days.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Partyof3
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by wifey View Post
We took our son for his second visit when he was two. He danced and entertained the crowds waiting in line for rope drop at the parks every day. He adored Chip and Dale and got into several “tickle fights” with them any time they saw him or he saw them it was hilarious! That time of year (June) wasn’t as hectic as the parks are these days and he had loads of time to take part in things like the interactive lights and music in the Journey into Imagination building before you exit the shop. He also loved the Kidcot searches (and Agent Perry as he got a little older). Rafiki’s Planet Watch over in AK was a constant request and doing the Hidden Mickey’s hunt. We also collected mini plush Mickeys from the resorts and he would line them up on the bed. We often came back to our room to have our son gasp in excitement when he saw that the housekeeper had arranged his plushies along with the towel animals and any toys on the bed so they were either watching tv or dangling off the furniture or having a picnic on the bed.. I miss those days.
Awwww this sounds so magical I love how there is so many extra little things we can do that we wouldn't have done when it was just the two of us!
Old 21 Feb 20, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
cricket50
Proud to wear my Ears

We first visited in 1989 with our son and what a wonderful place. No mobile phones, no fast passes and most wait times a maximum of 30 minutes. It is the mobile phones that is the biggest change, people walking in to you because all they are bothered about is booking the next fast pass not concentrating where they are going. The Magic Kingdom seemed magical then and I have watched it deteriorate over the years with technology and money saving practices by Disney being the largest detractors. However I am taking my grand children for their first visit in April, hopefully they will still see it as magical.
cricket50 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List