Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 10 Feb 20, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Mobile 9/11 Memorial to The Edge

We go to New York for the first time in May so have no idea!
Having seen the Edge mentioned on another thread we all decided we’d like to do this
On our first day we plan to do Staten Island ferry to see SOL then on to 9/11 memorial where we likely will spend a long time as DS very interested then would like to do the Edge
What’s the best way to get from the memorial to Hudson Yards please ( I’m guessing it’s too far to walk )
Or would it be better to do the Edge on s different day ?
Thanks
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

It would be quite a long walk yes.

One option would be to get a cab/uber/subway from the ferry terminal to Chelsea Market, then walk up the High Line which would deposit you at Hudson Yards.

It's also worth doing The Vessel when you're there.
Old 10 Feb 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Manhattan is easy to work your way around with public transport. That said, if you have time might be better to try and group things in the same kind of area together.

If you have plans on another day to walk over the Brooklyn bridge then I would do the SOL, world trade center + cortauld Street station which I think is amazing and Brooklyn bridge / wall Street environs and eat at George's diner in one day and do highline, Chelsea market, Hudson yards and possibly a circle line twighlight river cruise on the next.

Adding things to your itinerary I know, but chunking it up like this might make better use of your time.

Either way, enjoy !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks
We had considered the other things mentioned but we have 3 days and would definitely like to do the Natural History museum and grand central station too
I’m hoping that just doing the Edge instead of TOTR and ESB will save us time
Any further suggestions gratefully received
We are staying near UN building
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

If there are any tickets left for your dates I suggest it's worth getting tickets to climb either the pedestal or the crown of the statue of liberty. I wasn't a fan of the crown but the pedestal views were amazing. If you use the official website it's really cheap. It includes ferry from battery park to the SOL and over to Ellis Island and back. Very interesting. Pedestal tickets are better imho too as you can print at home. Saves you an extra pick up queue. We went very first boat on very first day so we just ride the jetlag and the subway down to battery park first thing. Worked well for us. Plus crowds were less.

statuecruises/statue...sland-tickets/
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

Two weeks ago we went on the Intrepid...when we came out we just kept walking along the waterfront passed the Vessel and straight down to the Memorial.
It was a nice walk.
Cold wind but very double if you went the opposite way...lots of parks and sit down places.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List