Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 15 Feb 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

How long do you have to wait for you money? This is what puts me off using a third party.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We got the majority of the money after a couple of days with David's and the rest when the people checked in. Can't for the life of me remember the % though!

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

I think it was 70% of cost on booking then 30% on check in,could well have changed since though
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nadya View Post
I think it was 70% of cost on booking then 30% on check in,could well have changed since though
Yes it was something like this or 75/25. Very easy for sure. I remember I bought a contract in 2016 that had banked points. I got it on the DVC account at lunchtime and by 7pm had rented most of the points via David’s and had a few thousand in the Paypal. The rest went a couple of days later. Couldn’t believe how easy and stress free it was, basically a couple of emails then made the booking.

Alas I never have any spare points usually and this was a one off.
Old 15 Feb 20, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
How long do you have to wait for you money? This is what puts me off using a third party.
I got the request email at 6pm yesterday and the money was in my bank account at 10pm.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

That’s quite good. For some reason I had it in my head that you didn’t get paid until check in.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
That’s quite good. For some reason I had it in my head that you didn’t get paid until check in.
Unlike renting out through the Dibb...70% is paid up front then the remainder 30% in check in.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry to hijack - we are thinking of renting points next year for a stay in the Poly for 2 people. We would be looking for around 3 nights. How much would we be looking at for this please and how do I go about it as never rented points before. Thank you
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by EllieP View Post
Sorry to hijack - we are thinking of renting points next year for a stay in the Poly for 2 people. We would be looking for around 3 nights. How much would we be looking at for this please and how do I go about it as never rented points before. Thank you
I'd presuming a studio? Same time as you are going this time? Around 70 points.

At £14 a point £980.

You can put a request in the sub folder here, or respond to owners who have points for rent (owners at The Poly can book at 11 months out) all owners can book any resort at 7 months(with more limited availability as owners have already had their pick).

You can rent from David's DVC, who in turn rent from owners. You will reach more owners via David's but you won't have a direct contact to work with, it will be through David's.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by EllieP View Post
Disney are charging around £1300 for 3 days, plus you will be charged $25 a night for car parking. Booking a DVC room you don't pay for parking at the hotel.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List