Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 14 Feb 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
The waltons
Excited about Disney

The waltons's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile London weather

Just checking weAther in London due to arrive early tomorrow and doing the Harry Potter tour then Dear Evan Hansen (tickets cost the same as my mortgage). Had booked train tickets from Gatwick to wAterloo . Got a notification today that Storm Denis May cause delays. I’ve gone online and changed the tickets to go directly to hp tour . Then we have to make our way to Waterloo and The WesT End - how bad do trains get during storms will I make it . If trains are delayed how much is Watford to London by taxi and would I get one ?
Haven’t had a break in two years and even then it was only for a few days and I pick the weekend of a bloody storm . Soooooo stressed
Old 14 Feb 20, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

i would guess this is the train company covering their backside

during a storm there may be fallen trees/damaged powerlines etc etc

impossible to say if you will/wont be affected. You can also get the tube to watford but assume it takes an age?

we also remortgaged for dear evan hansen tickets.. i waited outside (well in the pub round the back )
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
The waltons
Excited about Disney

The waltons's Reviews
Mobile

So the tube from Watford is different from the train?, can I get the tube from Watford to Waterloo
Old 14 Feb 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Where you travelling from?

Disney332
Old 14 Feb 20, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
The waltons
Excited about Disney

The waltons's Reviews
Mobile

I’m flying in from Dublin to Gatwick and have booked train tickets on an app from Gatwick to Watford from 9 however i arrive in the airport before 8 I booked from 9 to allow for delays. I had originally booked tickets from
Gatwick to Waterloo to drop off bags but am afraid of storm delays now . So will then need to get from Watford to Waterloo
I’m staying in county hall
Old 14 Feb 20, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

So Storm Dennis is not as bad as last weeks storm. It has been hyped up by the media as they do with most things. You will not be affected by the storm on Saturday.

If you are going to waterloo, why are you going to watford?

Disney332
Old 14 Feb 20, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m in Greater London, the weather doesn’t look great for tomorrow but the winds definitely aren’t as high as last weeks storm.
You can get to Waterloo from Watford on the Metropolitan then the Northern tube lines. A taxi would be fairly expensive as it’s about an hour not taking traffic into account.
I’m sure you’ll be fine, have a fab time. The HP Tour is great!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 20, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
The waltons
Excited about Disney

The waltons's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
i would guess this is the train company covering their backside

during a storm there may be fallen trees/damaged powerlines etc etc

impossible to say if you will/wont be affected. You can also get the tube to watford but assume it takes an age?

we also remortgaged for dear evan hansen tickets.. i waited outside (well in the pub round the back )
Prices are horrendous but really looking forward to it
Old 14 Feb 20, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
I’m in Greater London, the weather doesn’t look great for tomorrow but the winds definitely aren’t as high as last weeks storm.
You can get to Waterloo from Watford on the Metropolitan then the Northern tube lines. A taxi would be fairly expensive as it’s about an hour not taking traffic into account.
I’m sure you’ll be fine, have a fab time. The HP Tour is great!
If using the Met line from Watford, I would change at Finchley Rd onto the Jubilee line to Waterloo; Met line & Jubilee line platforms beside each other (10 footsteps apart) so no escalator or stairs to negotiate on a switch between tube lines.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List