Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Feb 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

Mobile

Got to be better than the pink and blue plastic birthday cake from the 25th!
Tillyfloss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL44
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by curlysue2 View Post
I really don't think it's worth cancelling a holiday over.
They have to refurbish at some time and this just happens to be it.
It really won't ruin your holiday the Disney magic is not just about a castle.
Sorry if being controversial but I think you might be overreacting all parks are always refurbing something when you go.
I think what is really annoying everyone is that there seems to be something every week changing or causing visitors to alter plans. The ongoing work at Epcot, Spaceship earth closing, MDE not working so unable to get boarding groups for ROTR and now no family photos in front of the castle. I do think Disney should advise of major disruptions well in advance and not after taking thousands of pounds of our hard earned money
TINKERBELL44 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by TINKERBELL44 View Post
I think what is really annoying everyone is that there seems to be something every week changing or causing visitors to alter plans. The ongoing work at Epcot, Spaceship earth closing, MDE not working so unable to get boarding groups for ROTR and now no family photos in front of the castle. I do think Disney should advise of major disruptions well in advance and not after taking thousands of pounds of our hard earned money
I agree. They should have announced this sooner, quite sneaky.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
metaldud
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

Originally Posted by TINKERBELL44 View Post
They seem to at the moment take visitors for granted as the numbers will turn up nomatter how bad things are in the parks.
metaldud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

I thought ya ment my mickey ears, one to go , and then all gold 🤣🤣😂
Old 17 Feb 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Pascaltimon
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I’m really sad about this it’s a once in a lifetime for my family 5 years of hard saving and now I may not get my castle shot. Really poor of Disney to wait so long to announce it
Pascaltimon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
I am afraid people who have been 10+ times on here sometimes forget stuff like this.
No we don’t. I recognise that it’s a big deal to get a photo of the castle as I said in my original post. I just don’t think it’s worth cancelling a holiday over. Disney have wasted a lot of money on rides if all people care about it a photo in front of the castle. To be honest I spend very little time looking at the castle on a 14 day trip.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Originally Posted by metaldud View Post
They seem to at the moment take visitors for granted as the numbers will turn up nomatter how bad things are in the parks.
I think it’s just a case of almost packing as much into one year as possible to get it all ready for the 50th knowing Galaxys Edge May still bring people in

I would expect the scrim to go up just like Sleeping Beauty’s castle

i1-wp-com.cdn.ampproject...00%2C733&ssl=1

I’d be gutted if we were going this year and we’ve been lucky to go every couple of years, may just be a castle to some but it is THE icon

Edited at 09:10 PM.
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by metaldud View Post
Pretty gutted about this news. We were already worried about the amount of construction currently underway but always had the fact the castle was still unaffected.

Only chance my parents will get to see their grandchildren at Disney and everywhere if got major projects underway.

Hopefully all of the work isn't too much of an eyesore but missing the castle is truly devastating.
Try not to stress, your children’s grandparents will be to busy watching their happy faces to even notice the castle is there
Old 17 Feb 20, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Well just sent the cancellation email

I was growing more and more annoyed for my booking this year with the changes to the dining plan, construction work at Epcot and now this at Magic Kingdom.

But just spoke to the kids and initially they where annoyed but once they realised its only a temp delay and we get to now go for the 50th Birthday with all the new rides and (hopefully) no major construction they are happy.

Plus we now get to do our 2021 holiday this year instead... Just quickly booked all the 2021 hotels for May lol.

Still a bit gutted but I reckon its the right thing if the option is open.

Edited at 09:35 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread