Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 4 Mar 10, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Florida Wedding License - FAQ's

Florida Marriage License

Who may apply for a marriage license?
  • Any male or female age 18 or over.

What do I need to apply for a marriage license?
  • Both parties must come to the Clerk's office to apply together.
  • Each party must show a valid driver's license, a valid Florida State identification, or a valid passport.
  • If either party has been previously married, the party must provide the date his or her last marriage ended. If either party has been divorced within the last six months documentation of final judgement must be provided.

Is there a waiting period for issuance of the license?
  • A 3 day waiting period applies to Florida residents only.

Are blood tests and physical exams required?
  • No. The law requiring these tests was abolished October 1, 1986.

How long is a marriage license valid once it is issued?
  • The marriage must be solemnized within sixty (60) days of issuance of the marriage license.

Who may perform marriage ceremonies?
  • A regularly ordained minister or other ordained clergy
  • All judicial officers (judges) of the State of Florida
  • Clerks of the Circuit Courts and their deputized employees
  • Notaries Public of the State of Florida

When and who should return the license to the Clerk?
  • A marriage cannot be officially recorded until the license is returned to the Clerk. It should be returned within 10 days after the wedding. The party who performed the marriage is responsible for returning the completed license. You will receive a marriage certificate in the post at the address provided on the marriage license application.

Can I be married in the Clerk's office?
  • Deputy clerks are authorized to perform marriage ceremonies. Ceremonies are held between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. and from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. The fee for this service is set by Florida Statute and is $30.00. Ceremonies are performed on a first come first served basis and are performed until 3:30pm (Osceola) and 4:00pm (Orange County). An additional fee of $30.00 applies.

Where is the Clerk's office?
  • Osceola County: 2 Courthouse Square, Kissimmee (Nearest to the tourism areas)
  • Orange County: 425 North Orange Avenue, Room 355, Orlando (Downtown)

What are the hours of operation?
  • Hours of operation: Monday - Friday from 8:00 - 4:30, excluding holidays.

What is the fee for a marriage license?
  • The current fee is $97.50 payable in cash.

**To expedite the process you may download and complete the wedding application and bring it with you to the Clerk's office. Those forms have been attached to this thread for your convenience.

**There is a company who will process your paperwork by post should you desire to have your wedding license sent to you prior to your journey to Florida. This company is not affiliated with the State of Florida or any wedding planners. They do charge a fee for their service and you can find those details at their website. The company is called Florida Marriage License By Mail.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Osceola County License Application.pdf (76.3 KB, 921 views)
File Type: pdf Orange County License Application.pdf (439.9 KB, 550 views)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 10, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post

oooh is this gonna be a sticky? very handy.
Old 16 Mar 10, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post

If you are staying in a villa along US27 you may want to check your address and see if the Clermont office might be a nearer option for you.

Lake County Clerk of the Court
Old 17 Mar 10, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
staceyb
Apprentice Imagineer

Do you have a form for the Kissimmie court house? Very handy thread x
staceyb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 10, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post

There are two attachments in the original post and the Kissimmee courthouse is the Osceola County pdf. Kissimmee is the town name and Osceola is the county. An easy thing to confuse.

Old 17 Mar 10, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
staceyb
Apprentice Imagineer

Ahhhhh thanks hun!
staceyb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 10, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post

I'd like to update this thread and say that I have worked with Lorriane of Florida Marriage License By Mail and can say that they provided a quality service with great customer service. I would feel confident in using them should you need to aquire your license prior to arriving into the US.

Please feel free to ask questions if you have them.

**If you decide to use the mail service please mention my name (Carrie), company name (Destination Occasion) or even the DIBB so that I can help you on this end should anyone need to be of assistance. I was able to help in a last minute process recently so it is good to have a local contact. Florida Marriage License By Mail has all of my details and can contact me if necessary. This applies to all brides and not just those I am working with directly.

Edited at 02:25 PM.
Old 25 Apr 10, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Carrie, how much does Lorraine charge? I am wondering if it'll be worth the cost to save having to drive out for it and missing a morning of our treasured time! I know the licence is $89
Also, does this all work through scanning and emailing docs or are originals through the post required?
Thanks

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 10, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Lorraine actually has the steps outlined very well on the website. Have a look at 10 Easy Steps on the website. Pricing is based on your timeline and how early you do it (see below).

Obtaining a license once you are here is quick and straight forward but for those that might like the peace of mind of having it in hand before your journey to the states or for those that are onsite and aren't hiring a car and want to avoid the time spent (and cost of a taxi) while on holiday this is a good service to consider. Like anything else it all comes down to what is most convenient for you and what your budget allows.

Pricing as of today (26/04/10) taken direct from the Florida Marriage License By Mail website:

Pricing for this service (includes the license fee paid to the courthouse for your license, Fed Ex Shipping of your notarized copies back to the courthouse (with effect from 25 March 2010) and all our administration.

Pricing depends on when your initial application is made in relation to your wedding date.

More than 61 days before the wedding date $203.50
Between 51 - 60 days before the wedding date $215.50
Between 41 - 50 days before the wedding date $235.50
Between 31 - 40 days before the wedding date $255.50
Old 26 Apr 10, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Lovely, thanks Carrie

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List