Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Aug 22, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Jotowers
First POST

No not recent. we’ve been using revaxis for many years as long as you had a primary course usually given as a baby you will be protected for 10 years.
Jotowers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
51-a- good year
Apprentice Imagineer

when I queried it they said they had been using REVAXIS for at least 10 years and admitted they dont routinely tell patients that it is a triple vaccine

Seems its the standard booster used by the NHS as a precaution
They may use something else in high risk cases
51-a- good year is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jotowers View Post
No not recent. we’ve been using revaxis for many years as long as you had a primary course usually given as a baby you will be protected for 10 years.
That is against BBC news advice - I would suggest all parents and those concerned speak to to their NHS service rather than relay on a first poster on a Disney Social media site
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Please every one be guided by your own local NHS for local guidelines recommended vaccines every trust is different with in set parameters in there interpretations
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 03:52 AM  
Link to this Post
51-a- good year
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Please every one be guided by your own local NHS for local guidelines recommended vaccines every trust is different with in set parameters in there interpretations
So if you live 1 mile over the border then your immunity will run out quicker ?

I would expect all NHS trusts to offer the same advice
51-a- good year is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 06:38 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by 51-a- good year View Post
when I queried it they said they had been using REVAXIS for at least 10 years and admitted they dont routinely tell patients that it is a triple vaccine

Seems its the standard booster used by the NHS as a precaution
They may use something else in high risk cases
I've 'lost' the plot ... which booster are you talking about here? Smallpox or polio?
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by caj View Post
I've 'lost' the plot ... which booster are you talking about here? Smallpox or polio?
Tetanus I think.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
51-a- good year
Apprentice Imagineer

REVAXIS is the standard tetanus jab given to teenagers and to any adult requesting one for travel or after an outdoor accident by the NHS . Its a triple vaccine including diptheria and Polio although I wasnt told that at the time

Now I dont know if its as effective against Polio - specific Polio vaccines usually have a mixture of types but the point is if youve had a Tetanus shot you will have had a polio one as well
Old 12 Aug 22, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Oral polio vaccines were phased out years ago in the UK. The switch to inactivated polio given in with other vaccines happened 18 years ago. Any adult presenting for a tetanus vaccine would have had tetanus diphtheria and polio given as Revaxis which replaced the now very old diftavax (no polio) years ago. There hasn't been a single polio vaccine used in the UK for years.All children are given 3 doses of polio at 8 ,12 & 16 weeks with other vaccines at their primary immunisations as babies. They get another with pre school boosters then the 5th and final as a school leaver in high school. The problems arise with poor uptake of vaccines in certain areas. Boroughs in London with some of the lowest uptake figures. Add that to the issue of oral polio used overseas then found in sewage.
London have introduced an additional booster for children 1-9 yrs regardless of vaccination status on the advice of the JCVI to try to curb this outbreak.

Edited at 08:23 AM.
soooexcited! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List