Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Nov 21, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rambocat1974 View Post
Lots of great information, but sorry, more questions.

We fly at 14:30 on a Saturday to Miami, our group is 4 fully vaccinated adults, 1 single jab 13 y/o and an unjabbed 7 y/o.

Am I correct in saying that the adults have to do a test max 3 days before departure and the 2 kids as 'unvaccinated' will need to do a test max 1 day before?

My Niece is travelling with us and her grandparents, so does that affect her rules as it refers to travelling with vaccinated parents?

I presume then that their test will have to be scheduled for after 14:30 on the Friday in order to comply with the requirement?

The kids will then have to visit a pharmacy from day 3-5 after arriving to take another test, or can this be an NHS LFT that we take with us and take pics of?

Thanks in advance.
Rob
You can test any time on the Friday, as it works in calendar days rather than strictly 24/72 hours. In this instance, I would stick to the day before testing to be safe due to your niece, since the CDC Order does specifically only mention legal guardians rather than adults, even though you are effectively guardians for the purpose of the trip. Otherwise children would use the same timeline when travelling with parents, up to 3 calendar days before.

You can use an NHS test for the post-arrival test, there is no system in place in the US for visitor testing reporting/monitoring. But if you'd prefer to purchase one out there, an over the counter self test is fine since there's no requirement for this to be supervised like the flight test.

Edited at 01:51 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
florida babe
Very Serious Dibber

Hi all another question:
Flying to NYC 5.12. All fully vaccinated. How soon do I have to book a supervised test and who is the best company to go with?
Thanks for al your advice , it is appreciated x
florida babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Originally Posted by florida babe View Post
Hi all another question:
Flying to NYC 5.12. All fully vaccinated. How soon do I have to book a supervised test and who is the best company to go with?
Thanks for al your advice , it is appreciated x
You can have your test from the 2nd onwards, the most common at the minute are Breath Assured or Qured and they are done via video call at home.
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Keegan
Apprentice Imagineer

Will be booking the drive through testing with Collinson at Manchester Airport soon for our January trip.

If I book for 8pm Wednesday, that’s sufficient for a 10am flight on the Saturday? Will the email proof for negative tests be acceptable or do they need to be printed?

Thanks everyone
Keegan is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Keegan View Post
Will be booking the drive through testing with Collinson at Manchester Airport soon for our January trip.

If I book for 8pm Wednesday, that’s sufficient for a 10am flight on the Saturday? Will the email proof for negative tests be acceptable or do they need to be printed?

Thanks everyone
Any time from Wednesday onwards is fine for a flight on Saturday. It works on calendar days rather than 72 hours.

I haven't printed a document in years, showing it on my phone has always been acceptable when required. Although this is one instance where I do plan to have printed backups just in case but I'll be using Verifly as my first option, phone second and prints if all else fails.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
rambocat1974
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
You can test any time on the Friday, as it works in calendar days rather than strictly 24/72 hours. In this instance, I would stick to the day before testing to be safe due to your niece, since the CDC Order does specifically only mention legal guardians rather than adults, even though you are effectively guardians for the purpose of the trip. Otherwise children would use the same timeline when travelling with parents, up to 3 calendar days before.

You can use an NHS test for the post-arrival test, there is no system in place in the US for visitor testing reporting/monitoring. But if you'd prefer to purchase one out there, an over the counter self test is fine since there's no requirement for this to be supervised like the flight test.
Thanks for the clarification.
rambocat1974 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

With the day 2 tests on return, it’s correct that you can do them any time after landing (eg at the airport before you travel home) until day 2 right?

Also the company I was looking at was a bit confusing with all the vaccinated / non vaccinated options….do our single vaccinated teens (15 and 13) use the same fully vaccinated LFT option as us because they’re under 18 and travelling with us? That’s how I think I read it at least.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Originally Posted by moosha View Post
With the day 2 tests on return, it’s correct that you can do them any time after landing (eg at the airport before you travel home) until day 2 right?

Also the company I was looking at was a bit confusing with all the vaccinated / non vaccinated options….do our single vaccinated teens (15 and 13) use the same fully vaccinated LFT option as us because they’re under 18 and travelling with us? That’s how I think I read it at least.
Yes and Yes
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Charlangela View Post
Yes and Yes
Thanks so much 😊.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisJoandBen89
VIP Dibber

Hey Guys

Please could I ask a question about not requiring a pre departure test if you’ve had COVID in the last 90 days.
Does the 90 days start from the day you test positive?
All 3 of us currently have COVID, and we travel in less than 90 days, but we tested positive just over 90 days before our travel date.

Thank you