Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Jan 22, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

August 2022 questions

Hi
So we are booked to go in August, two adults, two children, 21 days. Two weeks of that is in a Villa. This is a previously booked holiday that’s been postponed twice. Booked through Ever After. I’ve not booked park days, we just don’t feel excited by it at all!
I think I need to start getting sorted and my head in the game.
I’m hoping you can answer some questions.
1) who are you getting insurance with? I’m badly asthmatic both children are autistic. Obviously need covid cover.
2.) When can I book seats? We fly with Virgin.
3.) Covid testing. How/what/when/who? Can anyone explain when we test, where we test? What provider? What are the costs?
How do they do the tests? My daughter has extreme sensory issues and last pcr test I did on her was very challenging.
4) Should one of us test positive before we leave or as we come home what happens.

A huge part of me thinks just lose deposit and cancel but I know the children would love it.

Thank you
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

1 - I used StaySure as recommended on here, didn't need to claim though so can't tell you what their service was like.

2 - Assuming you have confirmed tickets, you should be able to book now as you're well within the 330 day window. If you haven't already received it, ask EAH for your booking confirmation reference.

3 - This changes all the time, so I suggest asking again closer to when you go. Although LFTs are nose only, so not nearly as bad (I also have sensory issues) as a PCR and the bulk of testing currently required is LFT only.

4 - Breaking this into two parts...

If you test positive before you depart, you will need to contact EAH and see which elements they can refund/rebook. After that, claim on insurance for the rest. If you choose to rebook, you will be able to go as soon as you test negative (assuming you have completed any isolation requirements) as there's currently no minimum length of time since testing positive required for US entry.

Assuming the return to the UK test still exists in August (there are rumours it will be scrapped again) or you choose to test because of symptoms, this will depend on your insurance and who is positive. If it's an adult, normally insurance will only cover them and the rest of you would need to return as scheduled. You will not be able to return until you have completed isolation and are testing negative. Your insurance may cover this depending on policy, but you will need to find and fund all accommodation in the interim.

Edited at 05:02 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
the post office are offering decent cover, for covid, we needed $50000 cover for Thailand over Christmas, might be worth a look
hopefully by August the testing will have gone away , we have booked for 5 weeks this July /August
we have been away several times during covid, testing has been expensiveness but we have not had any issues, just being prepared, screen shot everything you need and have paper copies,( dont depend on wifi) most airports are slick at this Jamaica and Phucket were very organised and easy to follow the procedures with helpful staff. (apart from Manchester !)
If you base your costings on pre departure, arrival, pre return home and 2 day test whn home around £100 each should cover it under the current rules.
WEe did see a few people turned away from flights who didnt have the required paperwork, vaxx certificates, fit to fly etc and they are hard and fast on the rules. for each country, best advice is to keep checking the rules for the airline, country visiting and uk requirements, it is a pain, but if your organised she create few issues
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Galela1986
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

2.) When can I book seats? We fly with Virgin.

As you previously said you have children with autism, if you give the special assistance team at virgin a call they will normally arrange any support pre boarding and on arrival (this is a must if they struggle with waiting) and will normally book your seats for you free of charge (unless this has changed in the last two years since COVID) to ensure you are all together and in seats that meet their needs.
Galela1986 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List