Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Apr 20, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I can't believe that it's been two years already! He helped me loads over the years, he's definitely missed on here

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 20, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida again
Apprentice Imagineer

Great memories of Geoffa and the rest of the dibbcast team on the fantastic Grand Day Out’s we attended.

Always enjoyed his trip reports and listening to him on the dibbcast. Loved his Christmas decorations too. The one time I was on the dibbcast, Geoff was doing the interview, I don’t know how many times I messed up but I t was a lot, he was so patient and reassuring.

I too was thinking about him the other day, 2 years, where has the time gone! Sadly missed but fondly remembered 🌷

Our DIBBcast trip reveal video http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=758645
Florida again is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 20, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

awww this post has made me cry. He was just a great friendly and helpful guy. Miss his posts. Not a week goes by when I don't think about him for one reason or another. He touched so many hearts. x

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Time really does fly. He was definitely a Dibb fixture and I miss his advice, no-nonsense attitude, sense of humour and Lego builds. It's nice to think his memory lives on on here x

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 20, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Eeyore rocks View Post
Two years ago, I lost one of my best friends...it was sudden, and I miss him so much...very kind and considerate...and very generous...we’ve had many a laughs.

Here he is at my daughters wedding.

I know what a great friend he was to you (and Mr Tom) and with my limited connection he was always, without exception, charming and helpful and I treasure some of the warm private messages we shared. Hugs Jenny xx
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post

I never met the man in real life, but had many discussions with him on here, both on the forums and PMs.

He was a great guy and sadly forum members of his ilk are few and far between.

He's gone but to anyone who has been here for longer than 2 years I suspect he will be remembered for a long time for all his help and good natured humour
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
KayLouise
Very Serious Dibber

Very sadly missed. Such a kind and wonderful member of the Dibb.
I think of him every time I go on the California forum as the first sticky still pinned at the top is by Geoffa.
Old 20 Apr 20, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
One of the nicest gents I ever spoke to sadly missed
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I can’t comprehend that it’s two years ago, I clearly remember the day we heard the sad news of his passing and that doesn’t even feel like a year ago.

I hope Darrin is doing well - does anyone still speak to him? x
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 20, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We had the honour of meeting Geoffa and Darrin twice at BBQ arranged by Dibbers in the South of England, one on July 4th. Must have been about 7 and 8 years ago. Lovely guys

Always loved his trip reports and lego builds. Shortly after his death I was in the Lego Store in London and I spotted one of the items Geoffa built and burst out crying People around me must have thought I was mad.

This is how this charming guy effected you, and will always be missed.

We still have PM from him which I haven't the heart to delete

Has anyone heard from Darrin lately hope he is having a good life.

Lesley and Melvin