Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Jul 20, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
BA Flydrive - can you remove 1 person from booking?

Hi there, I am looking to book a flydrive for June 2021 and have found a price I am happy with today, however my son will be 17 and at this stage unsure if he will be coming with us. He is looking for work and may not be able to get time off. If I book for the 4 of us with the £350 deposit, does anyone know if I can remove him at a later date, and if so, would it just be the £150 amendment fee? I can live with that if that's the case, I just don't like the idea of cancelling and rebooking the whole trip as the cost could go up.

Any help would be appreciated, I can't find anything on the BA website, and would like to book today.

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
sdf
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Hi, had a similar scenario last year. I called BA and they advised that someone can be removed and the booking repriced accordingly. There is a fee but that is dependent on each individual booking I think. I didn’t need to do it in the end so sorry I can’t give any idea of cost but it can be done.
sdf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

If you tell your prospective employer that you have a holiday already booked (future date) most employers will honour the date. Having done exactly the same myself in the past and my son did same for his new job this year no issues at all.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Originally Posted by sdf View Post
Hi, had a similar scenario last year. I called BA and they advised that someone can be removed and the booking repriced accordingly. There is a fee but that is dependent on each individual booking I think. I didn’t need to do it in the end so sorry I can’t give any idea of cost but it can be done.
Thank you, I have emailed them but no reply and can't get through on the phone. I just don't want to be out of pocket.

Originally Posted by patjeff63 View Post
If you tell your prospective employer that you have a holiday already booked (future date) most employers will honour the date. Having done exactly the same myself in the past and my son did same for his new job this year no issues at all.
Thank you, he is potentially going into the forces, so it may not work out straightforward, I am torn with what to do.

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

If it were me I’d probably just book for 3 and book a flight separately for your son when you know he’s going.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
terriandaaron
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

My son didn’t come last minute I just left him on booking and checked in without him as it was more expensive to take him off
terriandaaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Originally Posted by Softy View Post
If it were me I’d probably just book for 3 and book a flight separately for your son when you know he’s going.
I'm starting to think this might be the better option, thank you

Originally Posted by terriandaaron View Post
My son didn’t come last minute I just left him on booking and checked in without him as it was more expensive to take him off
Really! Think I am better leaving him off the booking in that case and add on at a later date, thank you

Old 29 Jul 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
Thank you, he is potentially going into the forces, so it may not work out straightforward, I am torn with what to do.
If he is joining the forces then they won't honour any Holidays booked especially during training. It would likely be a case of them delaying his joining date until after the holiday.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Originally Posted by bighal View Post
If he is joining the forces then they won't honour any Holidays booked especially during training. It would likely be a case of them delaying his joining date until after the holiday.
Hi there, thank you for the info. We decided to book without him, and if he can make it we will just add on a flight for him, as we have a villa booked, so no issues there. Thanks again