Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Oct 20, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Simba and nala
Trying for More Ears

Deja vu Disney

Does anyone else feel this situation has come back with a vengeance?

We was due to go this October and had to push it back to feb21

The news coming out of Disney is just putting us off yet again even if we can get out there.

Il make no lie in this trip is all that’s kept me focused since rebooking in August it’s been a goal and a hope.

I’m thinking vh will cancel yet again if they feel the need but our reality is our next trip won’t be possible until October 22
Which feels like a lifetime away indeed

What’s everyone’s current thoughts ?
Simba and nala is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
auralerb
Staying in the Castle

Our booking (Christmas) still hasn’t been cancelled, though I’m aware we probably won’t go.

When this all kicked off, we were very smug with our December booking - ‘it’ll have calmed down by then’. Lol.

When it does cancel, I think we’re going to wait til things settle down a bit before rebooking to avoid the heartbreak of all this uncertainty. Probably 2022 for us too.
auralerb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

I have a significant birthday in 2021, so whilst missing out this year is a bit of a downer, nothing like missing next year would be. I'd expect to have flights and accom booked by now, not booked either. Still hopeful, but it is hope and not expectation.
We're headed where some experts who cited the 1918 Pandemic said we'd go, which was that things would get worse around now, then provided we see a decent improvement next spring, we might be ok for next summer, with the real "back to normal being 2022.

If it pans out this way, it does make next summer possible but questionable, but then the CM job cuts make me wonder if it's still worth it at all.
Old 29 Oct 20, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Think about why holidays are being cancelled. People are dying and losing their jobs every day. So if I can't go again next year then so be it. I'll be a bit sad but I'm grateful I'm alive and still have a job.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Simba and nala View Post
Does anyone else feel this situation has come back with a vengeance?

We was due to go this October and had to push it back to feb21

The news coming out of Disney is just putting us off yet again even if we can get out there.

Il make no lie in this trip is all that’s kept me focused since rebooking in August it’s been a goal and a hope.

I’m thinking vh will cancel yet again if they feel the need but our reality is our next trip won’t be possible until October 22
Which feels like a lifetime away indeed

What’s everyone’s current thoughts ?
Please don’t take this the wrong way but I honestly think February was a bit of a pipe dream anyway. I’m booked for September and hopeful that it will happen but also realistic enough to be prepared that it might not. Like you having the trip to look forward to is keeping me going but if I have to move it there’s not much I can do. With our September 2020 trip we made the decision back in March and I think that made it easier to deal with.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Simba and nala
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Please don’t take this the wrong way but I honestly think February was a bit of a pipe dream anyway. I’m booked for September and hopeful that it will happen but also realistic enough to be prepared that it might not. Like you having the trip to look forward to is keeping me going but if I have to move it there’s not much I can do. With our September 2020 trip we made the decision back in March and I think that made it easier to deal with.
Yeah we did similar we moved it in April Thinking it would have blown over how wrong we was
Simba and nala is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
auralerb
Staying in the Castle

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Think about why holidays are being cancelled. People are dying and losing their jobs every day. So if I can't go again next year then so be it. I'll be a bit sad but I'm grateful I'm alive and still have a job.
I’m not saying you’re wrong, but this is a mean-spirited thing to comment on a forum dedicated to people talking about their holiday plans.

We’re not waltzing into an NHS COVID ward and telling people we’re upset about our holidays. This is an appropriate place to express a bit of sadness about missing Disney.

Do we have to add an addendum to every post to say we’re sorry about all the death? Come on.
auralerb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by auralerb View Post
I’m not saying you’re wrong, but this is a mean-spirited thing to comment on a forum dedicated to people talking about their holiday plans.

We’re not waltzing into an NHS COVID ward and telling people we’re upset about our holidays. This is an appropriate place to express a bit of sadness about missing Disney.

Do we have to add an addendum to every post to say we’re sorry about all the death? Come on.
I’ve been on the end of many a derogatory comment and criticism from this poster. However, life is too short to hold grudges & she makes some good contributions to the forum...And, to be fair to the poster on this occasion , I’m not sure her post came across as intended as she has (unlike myself admittedly) always remained very upbeat and positive about both her cancelled 2020 trip and rescheduled 2021 trip.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

We want to go in October 2021 as it is a special occasion for us. I keep looking around but at the moment, I wouldn't risk booking anything even though in theory the worst is that I could lose a deposit.

I certainly wouldn't be booking anything with Virgin at the moment as I fear for their future.

Given the occasion, I also wouldn't want to be paying our all that money for half an experience and would rather wait for a normal holiday in the future. The Disney hotels are so overpriced at the moment for very little in the way of benefits, I'm sad to say it just isn't worthwhile at the moment.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 20, 04:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Fan
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi everyone,

For a while now I have been thinking about getting out some of those many videos of past and brilliant holidays, and just refreshing the memory of what the Old Normal was actually like.

For many posters on here the news of what the Present Normal is looking like (should we ever be able to access it), the present costs, the continual revision of restrictions, the redundances and potential further impending downgrades will generate a personal self assessment of the worth of planning to go.

Planning should be a joy in itself. But the continual reporting of "kicking the can down the road" appears to be what is grating with many on here.

By all means plan the trip, then put it on the shelf, come back to it when / if the Virus fog clears.

And, in the meantime enjoy those videos, photos and memories again. Finally, if you have never yet been, you will not miss what you have never had.

Enjoy.
Orlando Fan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List