Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Oct 20, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
rhu115
Apprentice Imagineer

we usually fly direct with either virgin or thomas cook. but last year we flew with virgin edi-man-mco that was with flybe. I'm now looking at flights for sept 21 edi-lgw-mco with ba. Not keen on flying into sanford if we aren't hiring a car

rhu115 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

We are in Fife and have always flown direct from Glasgow to MCO with Virgin and TC and to Sanford with Tui, we would happily do either option now and prefer direct. That being said, I'm not sure about the new TUI route. We will probably do indirect in 2022 as hubby fancies finishing at the beach and flying home from Tampa. That could all change though. My preferred option would be Virgin as we collect miles, we are booked for March out of Heathrow and home into Glasgow on the first return flight of the year... I have a feeling that may all go wrong though and we may not get to go at all.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
irnjaw
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sophsters View Post
Thanks for all the responses, looks like i really need to sit and go through all the available options. I was doing a dummy run for sept next year as i cant see october as yet (thats with BA) but it was a mishmash of different flights. I loved that we could fly Inverness to gatwick then on the MCO and they just took care of the luggage. Now im a single parent, although i intend on hiring a car im not sure if id want to do all that travelling then drive from Tampa to Orlando but ill look into it. Its going to be an adventure no matter what
Add on a little night in St Pete Beach/Clearwater/Tampa to your BA package for after the flight?

Edited at 10:44 AM.
irnjaw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Wysbob
Proud to wear my Ears

Next year we will do direct flight from Glasgow for the first time. All our other holidays to MCO has been driven to Newcastle and fly, or Aberdeen to London then out. We live about 8 miles out of Aberdeen and that is the only reason why we have flew that way.
Wysbob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 20, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Denise78
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I've got flights booked for July, Inverness to Heathrow then to Orlando with BA.
I've booked to go down the night before as I wanted to book with a deposit so I've included the hotel at Heathrow.
Sept 2010 SSR
Jan/Feb 2012 Villa
Denise78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 20, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sophsters
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Denise78 View Post
I've got flights booked for July, Inverness to Heathrow then to Orlando with BA.
I've booked to go down the night before as I wanted to book with a deposit so I've included the hotel at Heathrow.
All the flights ive come across so far from inverness with BA is inverness to Heathrow and then commute to Gatwick to fly to MCO. ill keep checking though. I saw flights from Glasgow or Edinburgh the other day with Lufthansa with a stop in Newark which i have been thinking about, but i cant find them now, only Lufthansa from Edinburgh to france then MCO. Im thinking indirect now as it will help with my teenagers boredom ha ha!

Ive heard Lufthansa flights are a bit dodgy though as all taxes etc added on bump them right up.

Cumbrian Lakes 2014
Glenbrook 2017
sophsters is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 20, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

2017 we flew direct with Virgin from Glasgow (we're from Dundee way) last year we flew from Manchester direct with Thomas Cook (yeah, we were one of the last flights on the sunday before they went bust the next morning!) because it worked out cheaper for us to drive down and stay the night before and fly out there than it was going direct via Virgin (it was around £800 dearer!)

2022 I'd love if there was an affordable direct but i think we'll probably go down the route of GLA>LHR>MCO

Edited at 05:50 PM.
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Dad Vader
Earning More Ears

Hi, We are based in Auchtermuchty, Fife and travel from Glasgow to London then hop along to Orlando.

1st year we flew into Sanford, 2nd year we used Orlando International (MCO) and definately keep using MCO.

Heading back to our magical place in Sept 2021.

Dad Vader
Dad Vader is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

We live in Edinburgh. We have driven down to Manchester once but usually take whichever indirect route is cheapest 😊. We have gone from Edinburgh, via Heathrow, Newark, JFK, Dublin, Chicago, Gatwick. We have also flown indirect to Miami and drive up to Orlando. It irritated me to begin with that there are no real direct flights Options from Edinburgh but now when just class it as part of the holiday adventure🤣
Old 11 Oct 20, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Denise78
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sophsters View Post
All the flights ive come across so far from inverness with BA is inverness to Heathrow and then commute to Gatwick to fly to MCO. ill keep checking though.
When I first booked a few weeks ago it was Inverness Heathrow then transfer to Gatwick, I noticed last week the Heathrow to MCO flights so I called up to change ours and it actually ended up being slightly cheaper too.
Sept 2010 SSR
Jan/Feb 2012 Villa
Denise78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List