Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Oct 20, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Flickabella
Proud to wear my Ears

May/June or Aug/sep 2021

We were due to fly next weekend but I cancelled my AA flights so have a credit note to use.

I’m therefore looking to rebook. We would do Oct again but DS will be in yr 11 and DD in year 13 so not ideal to take a week off school then.

We are therefore thinking around the may half term and week after or end of aug first week of sep.

Any advice please on what may be the better option.

I never hear of people going may/June?!
Flickabella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We have always found the end of August ok. USA kids have generally gone back so slightly less busy- But who knows for next year what any time will be like!

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 20, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Grandee
VIP Dibber

We always go in May. Weather not quite so hot and humid, slightly less crowded (though not at half term) and roads not quite so busy. Plus, ideal for walks on the beach.
Grandee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 20, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We like both May and September , May is a little cooler and less humid but not much in it. September is of course hurricane season (June to October).
I’ve just changed our May dates for end of August as I don’t believe we will see general Population vaccination rolled out til the Spring so May might be a bit early .
May has Memorial weekend (same weekend as Whitsun) and September has Labour day (first Monday in September) both weekends tend to be busy at the parks just as theme parks here are mega busy on bank holiday weekends so we tend to do none parks stuff those weekends.

Edited at 02:51 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 20, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I've only ever been mid to late September and really like it then. It's still warm, American kids are back at school and there are no public holidays. I like 11 or 12 days as I like to fly back on a Thursday or Friday, giving me the weekend to chill out before going back to work.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 20, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Flickabella
Proud to wear my Ears

Think I’m going to book August!
Flickabella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

My year 10 has mock exams in May/June that I wouldn't want her to miss so just for that reason I'd go for the August option.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Flickabella
Proud to wear my Ears

I’ve booked August!