Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Oct 20, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Had a health scare that's shaken me, basically I'll point you to track 1 on the new Springsteen record to focus your mind..

"I thought I knew just who I was
And what I'd do but I was wrong
One minute you're here
Next minute you're gone"

Life's too short. August 27th 2021. Florida is a big place, if Disney is problematic, branch out further..
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
Personally I think it’s crackers to even think about it at the moment. Why set yourself up for most probable disappointment?
Personally I think it's crackers to be permanently negative, with no sign of positivity whatsoever. We'll all be enjoying ourselves, proving the naysayers wrong.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Personally I think it's crackers to be permanently negative, with no sign of positivity whatsoever. We'll all be enjoying ourselves, proving the naysayers wrong.
Well one of you will be right ... let’s see the US open first ... then the parks return to normal ... I’m an optimist generally but 2021 doesn’t look good to me ... that’s the reality
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

We've booked a fly drive for next October, purely because

a) We're prepared to risk the deposit, the balance isn't due until 3 weeks before travel.
b) We're DVC owners and will have all of 2020 points on top of 2021s so will be booking accommodation anyway, if we can't use it, we'll rent it out.

It is nice to have something to look forward to, but I'm hesitant to get too excited about it in all honesty, hence opting for a fly drive, I'm not paying out thousands on flights just to then have to claim it back again.

Whether we do WDW or not (despite staying onsite) will depend on late park availability, I'm not paying out for tickets a year in advance and booking parks now, just too much can & probably will change between now and then. If there's no availability left, then our souvenir and eating budget will be spent in Universal instead.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

Edited at 07:39 PM.
PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
We've booked a fly drive for next October, purely because

a) We're prepared to risk the deposit, the balance isn't due until 3 weeks before travel.
b) We're DVC owners and will have all of 2020 points on top of 2021s so will be booking accommodation anyway, if we can't use it, we'll rent it out.

It is nice to have something to look forward to, but I'm hesitant to get too excited about it in all honesty, hence opting for a fly drive, I'm not paying out thousands on flights just to then have to claim it back again.

Whether we do WDW or not (despite staying onsite) will depend on late park availability, I'm not paying out for tickets a year in advance and booking parks now, just too much can & probably will change between now and then. If there's no availability left, then our souvenir and eating budget will be spent in Universal instead.
We are in the same boat. Deposit only paid with rest due 3 weeks before. Got more DVC points than we have ever had before and need to see if we can use them. Already banked 200 into RCI. Will just wait and see now.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Leelashpurple
Excited about Disney

If our flights go we will go but I'm not planning on staying the 2 weeks in BC that I currently have booked. There is no way I am paying all that cash for what is currently on offer. Will look for alternative accommodation and do KSC, Universal and DC as planned and will consider what to do about Disney. It seems likely that it will be the last family trip. I may try and fit in a Disney only trip in the future with the girls as my H is not really in to it all and just do all the other Florida stuff this time.
Leelashpurple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

We were upset our trip was cancelled for this year but do not think masks and very pared down experiences are worth paying for. Guessing bank balance will still be rising next year as cruises are also looking not that palatable either unless something changes drastically.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoNick
Proud to wear my Ears

I rebooked this year’s holiday to next year (two weeks onsite in August) and for the first time this week I’m starting to doubt that we will go in 2021. I’m not a huge fan of meet and greets, fireworks and parades so it wasn’t too much bother if I missed those but now I’m thinking that if there’s no option for park hopping (we tended to nip to Epcot in the evening for a meal because we stay at the B&YC), no fastpasses, no extra shows plus having to wear a mask I think we will wait until things improve. I’m not one to usually moan about the masks but today I went into London with my family and after spending hours wearing a mask (admittedly it was raining which didn’t help) I’m not sure how we’d cope in the Orlando heat. You never know though a vaccine may appear and we can put all this behind us.
OrlandoNick is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 20, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I booked flights in a bit of a mad moment. And we can stay in DVC for no extra cost. But I’m not feeling inclined to buy park tickets at the moment. I will reserve judgement and maybe we will do all the things we never get around too. Things like a trip to the beach. Boggy creek. Mount Dora. At Augustine. I put them on my list every year and every year we end up skipping them. So I can see an option for limited park days (I think Star Wars could pull us in)
We did this last April and literally had the best time! I would go as far as saying it was up there as one of the best. We did exactly what you have said St Augustine, the beach, just wandering around Disney Springs, the stuff on I Drive, Blue man group, malls, great food. We literally had no tickets it was perfect. When I do this again I will travel upto Hilton Head
As we were going later on that year this trip was a cheapie(picked up ridiculously cheapflights) so most of our food was on coupons and that was actually fun to see how cheap we could eat for

Edited at 11:03 PM.
Tweety1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 20, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Memories4You
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
Personally I think it’s crackers to even think about it at the moment. Why set yourself up for most probable disappointment?
99.9% of people on here will know that the chance of not actually going on holiday is a likelihood.
What i do know is that each day is tough on us all for many reasons, and if a slim chance of flying to our 'happy place' is even remotely possible then we should grab it.

With Disney offering deferral to December 2022, IMO its a win win.
Memories4You is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List