Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Apr 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile One part of flight cancelled - advice needed!

I know that this is all up In the air anyway with the current situation- but today we have had a message from BA to say that 1 of our flights is cancelled. We’ve booked man- Dublin- Dublin- Philadelphia- Philadelphia- orlando. So they have cancelled the Dublin to Philadelphia part but there is no rearranged flight
I’m not sure what to do now- I know that the chances of going in this situation are pretty slim but don’t know whether I should try and contact BA although o read that they were only taking enquires for people with flights within 72 hrs
Old 12 Apr 20, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lottiesmum0 View Post
I know that this is all up In the air anyway with the current situation- but today we have had a message from BA to say that 1 of our flights is cancelled. We’ve booked man- Dublin- Dublin- Philadelphia- Philadelphia- orlando. So they have cancelled the Dublin to Philadelphia part but there is no rearranged flight
I’m not sure what to do now- I know that the chances of going in this situation are pretty slim but don’t know whether I should try and contact BA although o read that they were only taking enquires for people with flights within 72 hrs
When was your flight for and was it all under one booking with BA as it make a difference to what is offered. BA won't have cancelled your Dub-Philly leg, that would be which ever airline operates that flight be it Aer Lingus or AA or someone else.

If departure is in the next 2 months chances are the other flights would end up being cancelled as well.

Edited at 01:39 PM.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 20, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Wallefan
Serious Dibber

Mobile

This happened to me last week, one part of my multi-leg flight was cancelled. I rang BA when they opened at 8am and cancelled it easily. The money was back in my account 3 days later
Old 12 Apr 20, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
When was your flight for and was it all under one booking with BA as it make a difference to what is offered. BA won't have cancelled your Dub-Philly leg, that would be which ever airline operates that flight be it Aer Lingus or AA or someone else.

If departure is in the next 2 months chances are the other flights would end up being cancelled as well.
It was all under 1 booking directly with BA and the DUB-PHIL leg had been cancelled. It was showing me new flight details but this was just PHIL-ORLANDO.
However, I have just rung BA and had fantastic service - now flying direct from Gatwick to Orlando - which has removed the changes in DUB and PHIL so I am happy. Very happy with BA - just fingers crossed that we will get to go now!
Old 12 Apr 20, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DaveMc1
New Poster (4)

Mobile

I’m in a similar spot. Man-Phil-Mco. AA has cancelled all flights to Europe. 3 more payments still to go. Limbo city
DaveMc1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 20, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
pammiep
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
Pre covid-19 this happened to us when we were flying with BA EDi-LHR-MCO. One of the fights was cancelled because the flight times were changed and it meant there was less than 60 minutes between arriving at Heathrow and the next flight taking off.

I'm assuming it's because of the virus but if the flight times have changed lately, it might be that.
pammiep is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 20, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DaveMc1 View Post
I’m in a similar spot. Man-Phil-Mco. AA has cancelled all flights to Europe. 3 more payments still to go. Limbo city
I’ve rung BA and changed to direct from Gatwick- could have had Manchester to Gatwick as part of the flight it we are happy to get to Gatwick ourselves
Old 13 Apr 20, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve rung BA and changed to direct from Gatwick- could have had Manchester to Gatwick as part of the flight it we are happy to get to Gatwick ourselves
I had mine cancelled yesterday, it was man-ord-mco. Now doing man-lhr, then going to get the national express coach from lhr to lgw then lgw to mco, I have 5 hours to get from lhr-lgw and it's a sunday morning so hoping it will be plenty of time. My return was cancelled last week so now mco-dub-man with aer lingus... this all departing on 16th aug... still thinking it's not going to go ahead but iam hoping... if we dont go it,s not the end of the world.
Old 13 Apr 20, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

It was all under 1 booking directly with BA and the DUB-PHIL leg had been cancelled. It was showing me new flight details but this was just PHIL-ORLANDO.
However, I have just rung BA and had fantastic service - now flying direct from Gatwick to Orlando - which has removed the changes in DUB and PHIL so I am happy. Very happy with BA - just fingers crossed that we will get to go now!
Glad that hear it got sorted.

Personally I would have left it in limbo, as now you have rearranged flights during the virus period, it is likely you've triggered the part of your travel insurance that negates cover relating to virus related cancellations/costs.

Note to anyone else considering rescheduling plans, give your insurer a call first and ask them what making those changes would mean to your cover.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Glad that hear it got sorted.

Personally I would have left it in limbo, as now you have rearranged flights during the virus period, it is likely you've triggered the part of your travel insurance that negates cover relating to virus related cancellations/costs.

Note to anyone else considering rescheduling plans, give your insurer a call first and ask them what making those changes would mean to your cover.
I can’t see how it has as I’ve kept the same booking reference and the price has not changed. That is what I understood from the conversation the other week.