Notices

Old 17 May 20, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Heihei
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Would love to see your virtual itinerary! We were due to make our first ever visit to Florida in July but have rearranged for next year now. My OH is so disappointed (she's gone from completely anti Disney to a Disney nut in the space of a few years) so I'm hoping when it comes to our original travel dates I can give them a bit of a virtual experience!
Heihei is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Hula Doola
Serious Dibber

Not sure how to attach a file/document, so have cut and paste - sorry its so long! We have primary age kids so some bits might need to be adapted if you don't. Hope it gives you some ideas.
Virtual Disney 2020
Food and Drink
2 ‘credits’ each a day to spend on snacks / speciality drinks / ice cream from the living room Snack store
Recreate some classic Disney snacks at home – Dole whip, rice krispie mickeys, waffles, pretzels, kitchen sink, Jack Jack Num Nums, coke floats, etc

Travel day
Pack our backpacks with snacks and activities
Go for a walk (journey to the airport)
Watch Youtube of a suitcases journey through the airport to the plane
Show our passports and tickets to get into the TV room (plane)
Do a safety briefing
Watch film from NOWTV
Watch another film - Have lunch on a tray on our laps
Walk about the room to stretch our legs
Watch another film - Have tea on a tray on our laps.
Go for a walk to transfer from airport to hotel
Kids sleep in same room

Waterpark day
Fill paddling pool (with warmish water)
Fill super soakers (with warmish water)
Fill water balloon bombs (with warmish water)
Wear swimwear
Blow up inflatables
Create hosepipe spray rainbows
Get wet!

Campfire / Fireworks
Light BBQ and cook burgers and hot dogs
Toast marshmallows on the embers
Sparklers
Indoor fireworks

Film under stars
Move TV to just inside patio doors
Sit in hammock / beanbag / inflatable sofa outside to watch Disney film

Animation
Follow youtube videos of how to draw Mickey and other Disney characters
Create a snapshot mini film of toy story using own toys

Crazy golf
Create a crazy croquet route in the garden.

Animal Kingdom Day
Watch Youtube tour of Animal Kingdom
Go for a walk and spot as many creatures as we can
Indoor safari with toy animals hidden around the house – can you spot them all?
Watch Avatar!
Create a glowing grotto route in garden in evening (Naavi River) using glow sticks

Magic Kingdom Day
Watch some pov ride videos
Character Hunt (set up by M&D) around the house and garden – Can you find them all for a prize!
Watch a youtube of the park parade
Write and tell a short story about the dragon that lives under the castle

Hollywood Studios Day
Watch a classic Disney film
Play Quackshot (pretend it is the shooting ride! )
Watch youtube of one of the park shows

Epcot
Eat some food from different countries from the World Showcase, eg breakfast from France, lunch from Italy, dinner from Mexico.
Watch blue planet (virtual aquarium visit)
Watch Frozen

Walking/travelling about
Walk to ***** along canal (simulating the distance walked in one day at a Disney park) and get the train back (simulating the monorail). Play word games along the way (simulating keeping amused in the long Qs), eg Favourites, Something beginning with ?, This or That, I spy, Who am I?, etc
Old 17 May 20, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
We are all well thank you. My dad had corona like symptoms but thankfully he recovered quickly so I guess we'll never know if he had it or something else. The girls have been getting on quite well at home generally. Evie has needed help with her home learning and Hattie has needed a little help at times too but Robyn has managed her time really well. We had the normal niggly couple of days that we usually have at the beginning of the holidays while they get used to spending so much time together again but otherwise they have been getting on pretty well. Ollie has still been working - a mixture of at home and at work depending what jobs he needs to do each day. We are usually so busy that having all this time at home is very odd. We have managed to get some decorating done which is a positive.

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling a bit down. I think everybody is having good days and bad days at the moment so try to go easy on yourself. It is very difficult to balance work, children, housework, cooking etc plus there's the worry of everything going on at the moment.

I will look forward to reading all about your plans for Christmas.
Thank you Jo.

I'm sorry to heat that, hopefully anti body tests if they ever get released might let you know if her did. That's really good the girls have been getting on. The school work can be challenging at times can't it, I don't remember learning half the stuff they learn nowadays.

We said the same, all being home it's so weird and something we've all had to learn to adapt too. Well done on the decorating, Chris has done quite a bit for us too with being furloughed ... guess it has it's perks after all.

I totally agree we've all had up and down days, trying to balance everything is hard!

I hope you're all ok x

Originally Posted by MrsSevSpaghetti View Post
We should have been going next week. I have rung and moved it to next May in the hope they release free dining and secondary school don’t go ballistic about it!
Fingers crossed, our secondary is quite understanding and has approved both our previous holidays, hopefully yours is the same. We looked at next May but with Virgin we couldn't justify the extra £3000 plus no free dining! X

Originally Posted by Elsa42 View Post
Yay so glad you've rebooked! Cant believe how long your trip will be and you've managed to save that amount of money! It almost seems worth missing the original trip for what seems an even better one!

I think you should tell them! It's something to look forward to and for you all to plan together again!

I think you should keep this pre trippie and continue to write on here so we all know where you are still
Thanks lovely. I can't believe how much we saved either, still technically losing 8 days as we should have had 19 and 12 days but no point dwelling on it.

We have told them they were over the moon and are so excited. We're going to take a mini Christmas tree in the case and put it up the night we arrive ready for the next morning.

I think I might make a new one, just don't think people would want to read pages of waffle haha x

Originally Posted by Hula Doola View Post
Well today would have been travel day, feeling bit sad BUT we have two weeks of virtual Disney plans kicking off today instead and kids are v excited. Won't be the same of course but made Mickey Krispie treats yesterday to get us started. Weather here is predicted to be pretty warm and we don't have any queueing to contend with! Happy to post our virtual Disney itinerary if anyone is interested and always keen to hear other's ideas we can borrow!
Originally Posted by Hula Doola View Post
Not sure how to attach a file/document, so have cut and paste - sorry its so long! We have primary age kids so some bits might need to be adapted if you don't. Hope it gives you some ideas.
Virtual Disney 2020
Food and Drink
2 ‘credits’ each a day to spend on snacks / speciality drinks / ice cream from the living room Snack store
Recreate some classic Disney snacks at home – Dole whip, rice krispie mickeys, waffles, pretzels, kitchen sink, Jack Jack Num Nums, coke floats, etc

Travel day
Pack our backpacks with snacks and activities
Go for a walk (journey to the airport)
Watch Youtube of a suitcases journey through the airport to the plane
Show our passports and tickets to get into the TV room (plane)
Do a safety briefing
Watch film from NOWTV
Watch another film - Have lunch on a tray on our laps
Walk about the room to stretch our legs
Watch another film - Have tea on a tray on our laps.
Go for a walk to transfer from airport to hotel
Kids sleep in same room

Waterpark day
Fill paddling pool (with warmish water)
Fill super soakers (with warmish water)
Fill water balloon bombs (with warmish water)
Wear swimwear
Blow up inflatables
Create hosepipe spray rainbows
Get wet!

Campfire / Fireworks
Light BBQ and cook burgers and hot dogs
Toast marshmallows on the embers
Sparklers
Indoor fireworks

Film under stars
Move TV to just inside patio doors
Sit in hammock / beanbag / inflatable sofa outside to watch Disney film

Animation
Follow youtube videos of how to draw Mickey and other Disney characters
Create a snapshot mini film of toy story using own toys

Crazy golf
Create a crazy croquet route in the garden.

Animal Kingdom Day
Watch Youtube tour of Animal Kingdom
Go for a walk and spot as many creatures as we can
Indoor safari with toy animals hidden around the house – can you spot them all?
Watch Avatar!
Create a glowing grotto route in garden in evening (Naavi River) using glow sticks

Magic Kingdom Day
Watch some pov ride videos
Character Hunt (set up by M&D) around the house and garden – Can you find them all for a prize!
Watch a youtube of the park parade
Write and tell a short story about the dragon that lives under the castle

Hollywood Studios Day
Watch a classic Disney film
Play Quackshot (pretend it is the shooting ride! )
Watch youtube of one of the park shows

Epcot
Eat some food from different countries from the World Showcase, eg breakfast from France, lunch from Italy, dinner from Mexico.
Watch blue planet (virtual aquarium visit)
Watch Frozen

Walking/travelling about
Walk to ***** along canal (simulating the distance walked in one day at a Disney park) and get the train back (simulating the monorail). Play word games along the way (simulating keeping amused in the long Qs), eg Favourites, Something beginning with ?, This or That, I spy, Who am I?, etc
I'm so sorry but those virtual plans look amazing, wish we'd done something like that. We should have been getting ready for our stay at HRH Club Room tomorrow night

Not much to report really, still waiting to hear whether we can move the dates of the villa, if not we need to book another instead. Noah's had a hard week this week, I ended up taking Friday as half a day's holiday at work and changed my schedule for this week so I'm not in till Tuesday, a much needed break.

We've received all our refunds from everything but Virgin now, obviously there's no rush as balances don't need paying till November. Just waiting for the free Disney Dining to be released now, fingers crossed!

Hope everyone's ok, sorry I haven't been so active on here lately, literally just popping in to check. Still trying to finalise my dissertation, just waiting for friend's to check it over then I think I'm gonna submit it and start on my final 3500 word report! Luckily it's on Managing Public, Voluntary and Community Services which is the area I now work in, so my manager and colleague have offered to help which was lovely of them x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks, we are all still good. Hope you are too. Some of the schoolwork is a challenge. Luckily I work in year 6 so everything Evie is doing in year 7 is not too much of a step up. Hattie however is working on her GCSEs. I used to teach secondary maths so that is all fine. The science and geography I can cope with too although I do need to remind myself of things sometimes as it is a long time since I was at school but the English is a mystery to me especially when she is asking me about texts I never read and as for computing, I don't think that even existed when I was at school!

I'm glad to hear that all your refunds are coming through. I hope you get your money back from Virgin soon. It's such a shame that I only seem to have heard bad things about them through all this.

Well done on getting your dissertation done, that must be a bit of a weight off your mind.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
Thanks, we are all still good. Hope you are too. Some of the schoolwork is a challenge. Luckily I work in year 6 so everything Evie is doing in year 7 is not too much of a step up. Hattie however is working on her GCSEs. I used to teach secondary maths so that is all fine. The science and geography I can cope with too although I do need to remind myself of things sometimes as it is a long time since I was at school but the English is a mystery to me especially when she is asking me about texts I never read and as for computing, I don't think that even existed when I was at school!

I'm glad to hear that all your refunds are coming through. I hope you get your money back from Virgin soon. It's such a shame that I only seem to have heard bad things about them through all this.

Well done on getting your dissertation done, that must be a bit of a weight off your mind.
We are thank you. Oh that's great, would hate to think what level my maths was at now haha. We just ask the kids to do their best, as long as they try. If they don't understand and we don't we can send a message to the teachers and they will try and help them understand better. Computing isn't too bad here as that's what Chris works in.

Yes we have them all now apart from Virgin they really haven't done themselves any favours at all, it's definitely the travel company with the most complaints that I've seen online.

It certainly is, my tutor has almost signed it off and pretty much hinted I've got a first so that's a little bit of a relief. Have a little bit of update with our plans but will probably have to wait till the weekend to update as I feel shattered today.

Hope everyone's still ok x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Fingers crossed for the first. I'm looking forward to hearing about your new plans.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Taking a Christmas tree with you is a lovely idea! Can’t wait to hear about your new plans! I’m sure there will be some changes to hear about 🙈
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

So I've updated the first page with ours plans thus far, they are quite sparse as we haven't really sat down to discuss things just yet but they're there!

How is everyone keeping? Thought it was time for a little personal update.

Work is going well, my manager and other colleague are great. Still not doing 'normal' work but that'll come in time haha.

Great update regarding Uni. First of all I finally submitted my dissertation! I kept putting it off but decided to grammar check it all and just send it off. My tutor said it's definitely at a First!

We finally got word last week that the awarding body has decided that no students marks for the portion of the academic year since coronavirus (20th March) will be lower than their average academic performance in advance of the pandemic. So this basically means I have a First! Absolutely over the moon. I am awaiting to hear from my tutor whether I actually need to complete my final 3500 word assignment (would be a weight off my shoulders if I didn't have to!) New graduation date has been set for 24th October Further up it did state, where possible students should attempt and submit all assessments and complete the requirements of the course. We're now at an even bigger disadvantage as our tutor for our final module has now left (left at May half term) meaning we don't actually have tutor for guidance to do the final assignment! Hopefully I just don't need to do the last one, fingers crossed.

Chris went back to work last Monday, he's working from home at the moment, although he has had to go into the office a few times. From 15th June Thomas will be back to school for half days and Noah will be in for 2 mornings that week too as Chris is back to the office that week. The following week Thomas will be onto full days and Noah will be attending for 2 full days whilst I'm working. Both the boys have Disney face masks, although I'm not sure they'd be allowed to use them ... will have to see.

I have Teams meeting with the SENCO and EHCP advisor on Thursday as it's the review for Noah's EHCP, can't believe it's been a year he's had it! Fingers crossed that goes well.

During lockdown Chris redecorate Thomas's bedroom, we just need to get a carpet for his room now. We also decided to start redecorating the dining room, we have the plasterer coming on Wednesday then we can paint and paper this weekend. We have a new light fitting coming for the dining room and we've almost agreed on our new dining table ... almost haha.

We have a new sofa coming this week also. Once the dining room and conservatory roof is sorted, we're going to make a start on the living room, removing fire place. plastering the ceiling and a new carpet. Not sure about you guys but we always find when you think you're done there always something else to do

So that's all our updates for now hope everyone is keeping well x

I've popped a weeks holiday in for August just for some time off work, which will be lovely.
Old 8 Jun 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Hi Kelly - so so excited about your Christmas trip - especially as we are due to be out there at the same time! Christmas is a wonderful time in Disney and you are so lucky to be there for so long! Summer was meant to be our mega long trip so hoping to repeat that in 2022 now! Glad work is going well and HUGE CONGRATULATIONS for your First - fantastic achievement. Lovely to hear some good news in 2020
Really hope the EHCP goes well. We have been having telephone medical appointments for DS. All so strange. Never thought I would miss face to face appointments so much. Hope the return to school goes well for both boys too.
Take care and enjoy the Christmas planning - I'm hoping we can start booking things again soon
Buggles94 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I've just read through your update on the first post with the plans for your Christmas trip. Wow that's going to be epic, what a lovely long trip. I hope you manage to twist Chris's arm and get to go to Discovery Cove on Christmas Day. I think the plan of the laid back villa part at the start, then a short stay at RPR over new year, followed by Disney sounds really great and I bet you will all have an amazing time.

I'm really pleased to read the positive news about your degree and you have a date for graduation too. That's fab. Congratulations Kelly

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List