Notices

Old 18 Feb 20, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Ahhh you say that now, but when you see her face when she's there you won't be able to say no X
Don't you worry. My overtime looks to be drying up a bit...… so, "no", will definitely be in my vocabulary this time round
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

Cancelled

So I thought I’d better update my rather neglected pre-trip report 😫

Like many of you our long planned holiday is cancelled. I never thought I’d be typing that!

We were due to fly out 1st of July. We were unwilling to pay out large balances on a trip we didn’t think would happen.

Our experience so far:

Disney world - have refunded our £250 deposit despite not paying our balance and it being overdue.
BA flydrive - still live at the moment but expecting cancellation and refund of our £300 deposit any time now. If not we can take a voucher.
Premier inn - full refund received for £210 for 2 rooms and meal deals at Gatwick.
Gatwick official valet parking - full £80 refund received.
Villa in Cape Coral - offered us to rebook for next year immediately, hold a credit for any future booking or a 50% refund of deposit. We elected for the refund as unlikely to do Cape Coral next year. £100 lost.
Orlando villa - initially no refund or change of booking offered (this was back in March though) now offering to hold deposit for two years against another booking. Unfortunately for us, unable to book the dates we want for next year until 2 weeks before we were due to stay so as to be fair to all guests. Would allow us to secure the dates with a further deposit which I’m not willing to pay currently. £550 up in the air at the moment.
Estas- still good for next year.
Seaworld tickets - £60 deposit lost.

What a miserable ending to a pre-trip report!

Fear not, I feel confident that holidays will be back on the agenda for next year.
We are going to go BIG in August 2021. I hope to be starting making bookings around September for that trip as our dates are already set. I am already excited to start that pre-trip report.

I know we are nowhere near alone in cancelling our trip. Thank you to anyone that was following and I wish you all well and to stay safe until this is all over.

Roll on 2021. I refuse to update my countdown until the first part of our 2021 extravaganza is booked😀
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm sorry to hear that you've had to make the difficult decision to cancel. I'm looking forward to hearing about your bigger and better plans for next year.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

So sorry to this 😞I hope you get the villa money back at least. It does sound like August 2021 will be epic and we will definitely be following along ❤️ take care all of you x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
I'm sorry to hear that you've had to make the difficult decision to cancel. I'm looking forward to hearing about your bigger and better plans for next year.
I can’t wait to get planning again. It will be nice to want to look at trip reports and pre-trip reports again as I have avoided them since the start of this pandemic.
Old 17 May 20, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

So sorry to this 😞I hope you get the villa money back at least. It does sound like August 2021 will be epic and we will definitely be following along ❤️ take care all of you x
Thank you Kelly. I have had made promises to sally and the kids for next year that I may regret. Have to admit there were a few tears In Our house over the cancellation but onwards and upwards. I know you have had all the same stresses to deal with. I will catch up on everyone’s news when I can drag my self Back to the trip reports section. If I can’t bring myself to read all the depressing updates I will keep an eye out for the new pre-trip reports to start appearing 😀... stay safe!

Edited at 07:50 PM.
Old 17 May 20, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Oh I bet you won't regret it I can totally understand the tears, there's been many in this household too I had to take time away and didn't comment much at all as it was too hard.

Drop me the link when you make a new trippie! Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh I bet you won't regret it I can totally understand the tears, there's been many in this household too I had to take time away and didn't comment much at all as it was too hard.

Drop me the link when you make a new trippie! Xx
I might regret it when I have to do loads of overtime for another year to pay for it but I certainly won’t regret it when it arrives.
I did read lots of stuff on the Dibb but couldn’t drag myself into the trip reports section.
Sally has finally managed to get her extended leave authorised for next year this morning so we are both set on that front. We are now set on a 4th August departure next year. I feel like I could write my pre trip report for next year already as our itinerary is pretty much fixed in my mind already but nothing down on paper yet 😀👍
Old 19 May 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm sure we'd all be happy to read about your plans now.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
I'm sure we'd all be happy to read about your plans now.
YESS! Totally agree with this ... might even be able to pinch some ideas myself x