Notices

Old 9 Nov 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Just thought I'd do a quick update for you all. Just cancelled all elements of this trip I was holding off as long as I could but balances are due, we know it's just a matter of time before flights are cancelled again and we don't fancy having to chase refunds like we had to with Virgin!

ETA: Just as I posted this I got a cancellation email from BA that our flights are cancelled A little freaky as I've just sat this morning rebooking the new dates!

We have rebooked in the hope of next June, but I'm definitely not even thinking of planning anything yet. Hope everyone is keeping safe and well x

Edited at 11:29 AM.
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

Sorry to hear that. Here's to 2021 being a better year.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Sorry to hear you’ve had to cancel again it’s been such an awful year and I’m hoping next year brings better things.
We’ve booked for May but I’m really not confident we’ll be going
Old 9 Nov 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I am so sorry you have had another cancelled trip 😔 hope you are all okay xxx
DLP Halloween 2021 - Davy Crockett Ranch, DLP Nov 2022 - Les Villages Natures
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Good call Kelly I think you’ve done the right thing. We’ve Re booked for the first two weeks of August and hoping that goes ahead 🤞🏼. It’s only really masks that would put me off. I could cope with most of the other issues (although obviously I’d rather have them) and I’m quietly optimistic. 🤫😂

Are you going to start a new trip report or carry on from this one? As I’d love to follow along when you do.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lostbrain View Post
Sorry to hear that. Here's to 2021 being a better year.
Yes I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everyone! X

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Sorry to hear you’ve had to cancel again it’s been such an awful year and I’m hoping next year brings better things.
We’ve booked for May but I’m really not confident we’ll be going
Thank you it really has, it won't be forgotten about in a hurry either. I'm trying to stay optimistic, seems a little more bearable after today's vaccine news too. I'll keep everything crossed for you x

Originally Posted by minnie52 View Post
I am so sorry you have had another cancelled trip 😔 hope you are all okay xxx
Thanks lovely, I hope you're all well. We are thank you, just plodding along as you have to do really x

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Good call Kelly I think you’ve done the right thing. We’ve Re booked for the first two weeks of August and hoping that goes ahead 🤞🏼. It’s only really masks that would put me off. I could cope with most of the other issues (although obviously I’d rather have them) and I’m quietly optimistic. 🤫😂

Are you going to start a new trip report or carry on from this one? As I’d love to follow along when you do.

Kat
Thanks Kat, it's like BA knew we were going to cancel I'll keep everything crossed for August for you. I know what you mean. We're hoping a few more things might be open by then and that masks might not be required, but it will be what it will be.

I'm not entirely sure. I feel like I want to make a clean slate to kind of get away from all the negativity of the past 8 months ... I will post in here when I make it though.

But a few details for those who are interested.

30th May 2021

Haven't booked the flights just yet but think we're doing Newcastle - Heathrow - Orlando with BA and Virgin.

14 nights Caribbean Beach with $200 giftcard.

Car hire 5th - 19th June.

Villa (same one we booked for December) 13th - 19th June 2021.

We will have one night at Loews Royal Pacific for the express passes for Universal but haven't decided when yet (will be the week at the villa)

Going to be a bit of a tiring one with all the travelling. Chris has a wedding on the 29th hence why we're going to fly down to Heathrow the morning we travel. This has already set my anxiety off. I like to be close to the airport on travel day and never done indirect before. Flight from Newcastle is 06.05 - 07.25, flight from Heathrow is 11.00am so plenty of time at Heathrow to check in and grab something to eat ... if everything's on time ... Not sure it's worth booking a hotel the night before as we're only around 45 minutes from the airport.

So yeah that's our new rough plan ... fingers crossed it all goes ahead now, third time lucky! X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Might be worth a night at the Premier inn at Newcastle if the price is right?

Sounds like great plans!

We’ve booked night at man airport, reward flights from Man with virgin. Rebooked 7 nights at CSR to save our 2 x $300 gift cards. will pay dinning if it’s released. 4 nights at Hilton BV palace at Disney springs then 4 nights at RPR club.

Don’t think there’s much difference in cost at the moment, which is good.

Sorry to bore you with my plans but thought I’d share incase you were interested? 😃 😂

Kat x
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Might be worth a night at the Premier inn at Newcastle if the price is right?

Sounds like great plans!

We’ve booked night at man airport, reward flights from Man with virgin. Rebooked 7 nights at CSR to save our 2 x $300 gift cards. will pay dinning if it’s released. 4 nights at Hilton BV palace at Disney springs then 4 nights at RPR club.

Don’t think there’s much difference in cost at the moment, which is good.

Sorry to bore you with my plans but thought I’d share incase you were interested? 😃 😂

Kat x
I think so, that's what I'd prefer. The wedding Chris is doing is actually up that way anyway so I've suggested he could meet me and the kids at the hotel when he's done. My friends offered to take us and she can bring Chris's camera and laptop back from the wedding.

You know I love plans so tell away! That sounds amazing, I'd have loved to have done POR but it's still not available next year yet, I will be keeping an eye on if this changes and seeing about changing the booking over. How lucky you managed to save those giftcards will definitely help with the spends with no dining plans being available at the moment.

Have you started a new trip report yet? If so please drop the link so I can have a nosey xx
Old 19 Nov 20, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Hi Kelly
Missed your cancellation post so catching up now. So sorry you had to cancel but probably good that BA made the decision for you... Your new plans sound fab and a lovely long stay! So hope we are reading TRs by next May We cancelled our flights and car hire and I know I've got to let the hotel booking go too... Have also given up on DLP at Christmas too but very excited about Center Parcs We are still have the February booking to WDW but I'm starting to lose hope and have moved the DVC booking to July as really don't want to lose all our points! Really looking forward to the new PTR - hopefully there will be a quite a few soon once people feel more optimistic about travel next year...
Take care and here's to lots of Disney planning in 2021...
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi Kelly 😊

Just caught up as I haven’t been on the Dibb for a while! How are you all? Hope everything went ok with your uni work?
So sorry to hear you’ve had to cancel this trip but super exciting that it’s all booked for next year! I have everything crossed that we can all get back to our favourite place next year! It’s hard to want to plan as you don’t want to get your hopes up! I’ve had a little spark of positivity this week and starting thinking about planning little bits just to keep the excitement there!
Look forward to hearing more plans!
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List