Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Nov 20, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

I'm currently planning for October 2021. If I book with BA, it is only a deposit until the summer and I already have a voucher from this years holiday to use for most of that.

The world cannot continue in this current state - either the testing and vaccine will help reduce the risk or we have to adapt to the fact this virus exists and get on with things.

I'm not expecting the 100% normal experience but also hoping for better than is there at the moment. If the theme parks are not somewhere near normal then we could either postpone again or consider using the flights but switching hotels and having more of a beach holiday and visit friends out in Florida.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
zoemoo
Apprentice Imagineer

zoemoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 13
We’ve just booked! Got a great deal and have even managed to upgrade into the Grand Floridian for part of the trip. Keeping everything crossed now
Old 15 Nov 20, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
bigkid39
VIP Dibber

we are booked for november 2021. Its my parents first trip and probably last as they are in their 70's. i am sure by then, things will be so much better, i am not too bothered about mask wearing then as its a little cooler then. we are planning on getting married out there then too so have paid out for the majority of that so need to get there. we are not too bothered by park hop as parents will be taking a very slow pace, we also arent bothered by fast pass as we have never bothered getting them in any of the previous 8 trips. so all in all, we will go as long as we are allowed in by then!
we were actually meant to be out there now so feeling a little sad at the moment
Old 15 Nov 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Normal life back next winter, says vaccine creator

The impact of a new Covid vaccine will kick in significantly over summer and life should be back to normal by next winter, one of its creators has said.

Prof Ugur Sahin, BioNTech co-founder, also raised hopes the jab could halve transmission of the virus, resulting in a "dramatic reduction in cases".

bbc/news/health-54949799
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Got sept 21 booked
Can move or cancel virgin reward flights if required and have booked direct with universal hotel which can be cancelled a few days before if need be and the same with car.
So nothing outlayed that cant be cancelled.
Think the vacine will be a game changer and the prices will rise once we have clarity
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Lozzi
Trainee Dibber

Just booked our Easter 21 hotels, I doubt we will go with current restrictions however have some hope that they will change.

Disney are losing money and won't want this to continue any longer than needed, one hopes with vaccine and quick tests that it will speed up this process...
Lozzi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
We have moved our Jun 20 trip to Jun 21 and I am hopeful that it will go ahead. We had planned on a non-disney trip this year anyway and I am happy to keep it that way due to the Disney restrictions.

After one of the worst years ever I need a holiday and if I am able to go I will be going even if it is just to chill at the pool and spend time together as a family.
2littleboys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

We've booked for the end of September next year. I really really hope mask wearing is a thing of the past by then. I want to go more than I don't want to wear a mask... also, it's next year or possibly never for a multitude of reasons, so I've got to hope!

Only flights booked at the moment, and planning to book hotel and tickets through Attraction Tickets soon. They already have almost £1k of my money from our Sept '21 cancelled trip.

However - and I can't believe I'm saying this - there may not be any Disney. At most, it'll be 2-3 day tickets. No DDP, so we won't stay onsite and the value of the tickets just doesn't make it worth it. We'd like 1 day at HS so my geeks can see Star Wars, and 1 day at MK to see the fireworks, if it's not, and 1 day at AK as that's my favourite park - but it all depends on cost and what the parks will be like.
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

We're booked with Virgin via deposit for mid September 2021. I'm not making any decisions until we have to pay up, and which way we go will depend on what park capacity and queues look like. Based on what I'm seeing on vlogs at the moment, we wouldn't enjoy all the queueing. We would need fastpasses back in some form to even consider it.

If capacity is up, with no fast passes, I think we'd still go but I'd look to switch to a universal based holiday or no parks instead.
BebeYorkshire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List