Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 3 Jan 21, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkissarah
Getting Excited

Tall people and rides

Hi,

We're starting to think of rebooking for 2022 after our holiday was cancelled last year.

We are asking my MIL and FIL to come with us. My MIL came in 2018 and loved it but my FIL stayed behind as he doesn't like flying and didn't want to come.

We think we may be able to convince him for 2022 but one of the reasons he hates flying so much it he is tall, he's 6ft 7. We can book premium or extra leg room for him but I'm now thinking it would be awful if we got all the way there and then he was too tall to ride the rides comfortably and he just ends up as the bag holder.

Does anyone have any experience either themselves or family members of a similar height and could let me know how they got on please?

Thank you in advance.
tinkissarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m not tall so can’t comment on the comfort aspect but there are maximum heights on some rides. I think they tend to be the coasters and might be more at universal but this is probably worth you researching.
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkissarah
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by meboo View Post
I’m not tall so can’t comment on the comfort aspect but there are maximum heights on some rides. I think they tend to be the coasters and might be more at universal but this is probably worth you researching.
I've looked into that, can only see maximum height restrictions for Rip Ride Rocket and a few of the water slides at Volcano Bay.
tinkissarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Grace2007
Excited about Disney

Hi, can’t comment about universal as we only do Disney, my husband is 6ft 5 and didn’t have any problems with any of the Disney rides
Grace2007 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mandevillepete
Apprentice Imagineer

My son is 6ft 7 and the only ride he struggles with is Space Mountain
Old 3 Jan 21, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

No universal rides i couldn't fit in , I'm 6ft 3 . But another 4inches may make a difference . I've heard that before🤣🤣🤣
Dosnt the universal app state the heights?
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

DS is 6'6". All legs though - he found the avatar ride where you are on the back of the flying thing difficult but managed to go on it 5 times! He has done rip ride rocket and didn't mention a problem. He hasn't been to volcano bay.
Old 3 Jan 21, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

I think he should be ok and will have enough to ride.
Dh is 6ft2 but mostly torso. I think he may find some rides more uncomfortable if he is longer in the legs, Hagrid’s for example he should avoid the side car.
As above, probably also avoid space mountain, splash mountain would probably be tight also.
Avatar, the seat design was copied from Tron seats in Shanghai I believe so is small.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ashesmod
Excited about Disney

ashesmod's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I'm 6 foot 7 ( and all legs) and the most uncomfortable bit of any holiday is the flight and this is no different with Orlando.
I have no problems with the rides (apart from astro orbiter which has no space at all) although sometimes I do need to wiggle to get comfy e.g space mountain and Rip saw falls.
ashesmod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkissarah
Getting Excited

Thank you for all the replies