Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Jan 21, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thinking January 2022

Hi everyone,

We are hoping to go to Florida around the 30th December this year with the view to stay down on the coast for the first week with family!

After our trip got cancelled last September I’m desperate to start planning again!
Our thoughts, all being well, are after we have done the coast we will drive up to Orlando for 7-10 days.

I’d love to stay onsite at Disney and hoping budget allows for this! It’ll be just me and my partner. I was looking at the swan and dolphin but the resort fee is putting me off slightly! I do love the crescent lake area tho.

Does anyone know when disney will release dates for jan 2022 and if there is usually any deals for that time or year? I know it will be different because of covid but still interested to know what’s happened in the past.

What’s everyone’s experiences going in January! I’m interested to know how busy the parks are and if the hours are generally shorter etc!😀

Edit: I’m also considering renting DVC points... is the risky at the moment with covid ? How close to the dates can you rent points ? Thanks

Edited at 10:55 AM.
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Normally it would be later this month when Disney release prices and then about April for dining plan prices, but who knows in these times.

I wouldn’t necessarily be put off by the resort fee at Swan & Dolphin, I would factor it into overal costing. It is quite likely that even with the resort fee S&D would be cheaper than a similar standard Disney hotel.

I have been to Universal in January and WDW straight afterwards at the very beginning of February. Universal crowds were fine but we found WDW much busier than on any other trip - we have been April (not Easter), May and September so none of the really busy months.

I would not touch DVC booking with a barge pole until the world has returned to normal.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
disneymummy
VIP Dibber

disneymummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Hi I’m waiting for February prices so I can move my august 2021 hol. It should be in the next few weeks but offers don’t typically come out until April.

Please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

I Drive 1990, 1992, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2004
POFQ 2007, 2012, 2015 & 2020
Old Key West 2014.
Yacht Club August 2017 & 2022
Walt Disney Dolphin 2024

New York 2000, Las Vegas 2003
disneymummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Normally it would be later this month when Disney release prices and then about April for dining plan prices, but who knows in these times.

I wouldn’t necessarily be put off by the resort fee at Swan & Dolphin, I would factor it into overal costing. It is quite likely that even with the resort fee S&D would be cheaper than a similar standard Disney hotel.

I have been to Universal in January and WDW straight afterwards at the very beginning of February. Universal crowds were fine but we found WDW much busier than on any other trip - we have been April (not Easter), May and September so none of the really busy months.

I would not touch DVC booking with a barge pole until the world has returned to normal.
Thanks for the reply! Interesting to hear about disney being busy in feb... thought maybe it would be off season! I think you’re right about DVC , will certainly still consider s&d when prices come out !
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Marathon weekend (first weekend in January after NYE finishes) brings crowds, road closures and a level of disruption (if it goes ahead in Jan 22).

We’ve always found Jan a very quiet time to visit except that weekend. The weather can be nippy!
Old 3 Jan 21, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tink111 View Post
Thanks for the reply! Interesting to hear about disney being busy in feb... thought maybe it would be off season! I think you’re right about DVC , will certainly still consider s&d when prices come out !
Presidents Weekend and a different Run Disney event (Princess) impacts week three crowd levels. We have been a few times at Feb half term and been surprised by how busy it was!
Old 3 Jan 21, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Marathon weekend (first weekend in January after NYE finishes) brings crowds, road closures and a level of disruption (if it goes ahead in Jan 22).

We’ve always found Jan a very quiet time to visit except that weekend. The weather can be nippy!
Oo that’s Good to know thanks! Think we would just be avoiding that as we would be looking to get to disney around the 7th!
Old 3 Jan 21, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

January is a great time to visit! Generally low crowds (except for the Marathon and Martin Luther King Day/weekend), usually lovely weather- was mid 20s when I was there a few years back. Hardly any rain.

And the weather is usually utterly awful in the UK so its a nice reprieve.
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tink111 View Post
Yes we were quite surprised about February, although I stress we don’t go summer or school holidays, so it was busy for us but I know it is far busier at other times. In some parks we couldn’t do anything other than our first three pre booked fastpasses. I liked the weather though.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

We went last week of jan/first week of Feb in 2016, we had everything from hat, gloves and scarf being needed in AK (was the big snow storm that closed most of NYC so certainly freak weather, albeit it can be cold) & then water park weather the week after. We found the crowds reasonable and the festival of the arts started the year after in those months too.
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List