Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 15 Jan 21, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

New Price Rises

Personally think you’d have to be mad to be paying these prices, but here you go:

Old 15 Jan 21, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
akhurstf1
VIP Dibber

Thanks for sharing - I'm glad we bought in when we did. $84 per point at SSR Resale in 2016
Old 15 Jan 21, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by akhurstf1 View Post
Thanks for sharing - I'm glad we bought in when we did. $84 per point at SSR Resale in 2016
I always say an SSR contract I picked up in 2016 was an absolute bargain- still before the market fully priced in banked points. It had a full year’s points banked in with dues paid. From memory I paid $90 a point. The points hit my account at lunchtime on Friday. I immediately put the banked points up with Davids and by the time I went to the pub at 6, nearly all had been rented, with the remainder going the next day.
Brought it down to $75 a point. Or about £57 a point at the time. So about £9000 for the 160 points. People spend that on a single holiday. I can make $1200 net on that tax free every year or enjoy vacations at a fraction of their price.

Edited at 10:25 AM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by akhurstf1 View Post
SSR can still be purchased for $100 a point resale. Some contracts were sub $90 last year
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
YT. Exchange rate or not those prices are insane. Thank goodness we bought at $73 back in 2003.

I wonder how direct sales are actually going at the moment?

Probably on the floor I suspect.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Crazy! We paid $162 for the Poly back in 2017. Where do I find this price list? I'm interested to see what CCV is going for now, we paid $160 in 2018.
Old 15 Jan 21, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Crazy prices! My question is how long can the prices of the 2042 resorts continue to escalate?

Also Grand Californian (the most expensive) has not reopened yet and no signs of it doing so any time soon. They should be giving it away!

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marlouwrig View Post
Crazy prices! My question is how long can the prices of the 2042 resorts continue to escalate?

Also Grand Californian (the most expensive) has not reopened yet and no signs of it doing so any time soon. They should be giving it away!
Not so close to the $60-70pp we paid back in 2002 huh Mary!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Not so close to the $60-70pp we paid back in 2002 huh Mary!
Nope indeedy 😄

BARGAIN! 😂

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 21, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
SSR can still be purchased for $100 a point resale. Some contracts were sub $90 last year
Yes mainly stripped or large contracts are up for that price. DVC Resale Market produce average price and for December it was $109 the average sale price across all their SSR sold contracts. SSR has not increased in value on the resale market as much as some others, but it has been great value. If you are buying for 1 beds or to use at 7< months it’s a no brainer Saratoga. Then again a circa 50% increase in 5 years is not to be sniffed at- you would have effectively had free accommodation.

Edited at 06:04 PM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List