Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Jan 21, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
A no park holiday in 2022...

We have cancelled August 20, Feb 21 and August 21, so now pretty set on August 22.

However, for those who go to Florida and have dropped the parks, how do you feel when you're there? Currently we're only planning Universal & DC/SW/BG. DH is happy to go and not do the parks at all, this is our 4th trip, first trip we did all the parks, 2nd we didn't do DC, 3rd trip just Disney. The only one we haven't got to is Busch. But I cant help but feel that we could be there and the parks just up the road, that we will regret not having tickets? Has anyone gone with no tickets and not regretted it?

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 01:32 AM  
Link to this Post
HenrysDad
Imagineer

HenrysDad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We have done no park trips and love it. We just feel at home, chill by the pool and explore the shops and restaurants etc.

Next trip we might do Universal, we might not, depends when the world is back to some sense of normality.
Old 16 Jan 21, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
going august for 4 weeks, and having 2 x 1 week carnival mardi gras cruises back to back, we have a night stay on treasure island and 1 night on coco beach, the rest on i drive at rosen pointe. off to brevard zoo, police hall of fame and a bit of kayaking at crystal river . will also go to Kissimmee water for a day.
will get back in the parks for the whole of august 2022 if pre covid atmos and rules back
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We went for a week in 2019 and just went to 1 park. It was a slower paced trip with my parents and it was nice to have time to try the different offsite restaurants that I’ve read about in trip reports, time for browsing the shops, and relaxing at the villa.

We’re booked to go again for a week in December to do a similar trip. Hopefully Hollywood Studios, a day at the beach, Disney Springs, outlets, Celebration. There’s actually plenty to do outside of the parks, it’s just a different type of trip.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

If we weren’t doing any of the parks We would go somewhere other than Florida for a chilled pool kind of trip
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
We do a few parks but then end up at the coast, I couldn’t stay in Orlando and not do at least a few. I would love to just head to the beach and have two weeks swimming and chilling and eating out. We planned on no parks but did two Disney, TL and the kids went to IOA and they we headed to Cape Coral. Then we did similar before that and headed to Anna Maria island, if I could stay there and do no parks I would.
Old 16 Jan 21, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
If we weren’t doing any of the parks We would go somewhere other than Florida for a chilled pool kind of trip
I agree. Weather is too unreliable (i.e. wet) for a summer holiday without theme parks where you can escape the rain. A full day sunbathing or relaxing without storms is quite rare in Orlando/Florida between June & September.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
I agree. Weather is too unreliable (i.e. wet) for a summer holiday without theme parks where you can escape the rain. A full day sunbathing or relaxing without storms is quite rare in Orlando/Florida between June & September.
This is true we did have a hurricane and the next trip red tide 🤦
Saying that I would go again
Old 16 Jan 21, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

We sort of did this back in 2008 - flew into TPA and had a few days on the Gulf coast.
We then drove past all the parks on our way up to stay with friends on Jacksonville. We finished off with a few days in Orlando, staying opposite Universal.

The worst part for the kids is that I had the Richard Petty Driving Experience booked for a big birthday. This meant we drove up to the Magic Kingdom, drove through the entrance, and then while everyone else turned right into the car park for MK, we turned left and went to the motor racing track for the morning. Being inside the MK area but not allowing them in was pretty rotten! Other than that, the closes they got to Disney was lunch in what is now Disney Springs after my driving experience was finished.

We did relent and had a day in US at the end of our holiday but that was it.

However, as others have said, if you don't want the parks then maybe one night in MCO on arrival and then head off to the coast. Still plenty to do in the rest of Florida but the hotels are cheaper and most don't charge resort and parking fees.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

We are planning on going back in 2022 and probably won’t do many parks. This will be our 5th visit since 2013 and have done all the usual parks at various stages during the previous holidays. We might get the SW/A/BG ticket if it’s good value - it was about £100 last time inc free parking! Kids will want to do KSC again. Other than that it will be trips to malls, the beach, Celebration, Disney Springs, mini golf and plenty of time at the pool in the villa - bliss!