Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 29 Jan 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
nickikeep
Excited about Disney

Mexico Or Dominican Rep Or ?

Have just been advised that the hotel we booked Planet Hollywood in Costa Mujeres Mexico will now not be open for our stay July 2020 this year . Slightly disappointed as was so looking forward to it. Anyway the options they have given us are to refund us our deposits in full or choose another hotel or wait until they decide where they are allocating people to .Now we booked last year and holidays have gone up since then they will do their best to work with the price if we choose somewhere else ourselves. PH was a 5 star premier all inclusive with 3 x
junior suite We are 5 adults and 2 teenagers aged 16 one of whom is autistic . So has anyone any recommendations of accommodation /all inclusive a bit like where we have booked. We have been to Florida a few times in the last 4-5 years so wanted something else this time . Many Thanks and sorry for waffling.
nickikeep is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I would recommend going to the Yucatan Peninsular area of Mexico, that is where all the sights are. Many of the hotels there are of a very good standard and offer lots of facilities.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
JimF
VIP Dibber

Have a look at Barcelo Maya Palace. It is next door to the Barcelo Grand Resort which is also very good if the budget won't stretch to the Palace. We've stayed there a few times and the beach is fabulous.
JimF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
spongebob10
slightly serious Dibber

Look at Grand Palladium White Sands it is beautiful. Looks of restaurants to choose from (13 ish), lots of pools, top shelf drinks. It’s a huge resort with about 4 hotels in one so lots of entertainment and things to do for everyone. Only downside is beach isn’t too great due to seaweed! Had a great time
Old 29 Jan 20, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

We went to the Dominican Republic last year. I wouldn’t recommend at all. Tbh that holiday totally put me of the Caribbean

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
brindle
Imagineer

El Dorado royale, Mexico is very good. 😊
Terre Verde Resort April 2008+ April 2010
Florida Keys July 2009
brindle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I have heard that Dom Rep is very hit or miss. We have just booked our first holiday to Mexico for October (we almost booked the Planet Hollywood one too don’t know if it would have been open by then) We have booked Sandos Corocal Eco Resort all inclusive at Riviera Maya. I can’t recommend it as we haven’t been yet, but you may want to look at it as the reviews seem good. TUI have £150-200 discount codes at the moment too.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Carpgirl
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I’ve been to both and would easily choose Mexico.
Carpgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by hilz22 View Post
We went to the Dominican Republic last year. I wouldn’t recommend at all. Tbh that holiday totally put me of the Caribbean
What about it didn’t you like?
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I have heard that Dom Rep is very hit or miss. We have just booked our first holiday to Mexico for October (we almost booked the Planet Hollywood one too don’t know if it would have been open by then) We have booked Sandos Corocal Eco Resort all inclusive at Riviera Maya. I can’t recommend it as we haven’t been yet, but you may want to look at it as the reviews seem good. TUI have £150-200 discount codes at the moment too.
That hotel looks fab,we love riviera maya
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List