Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 24 Aug 20, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
It is a really pretty resort, the gardens down to the Disneyland Hotel with the fountains are beautiful. We sat there a few times, mainly because it was hot and we wanted a rest before walking back, but sitting listening to the music is lovely. I bet club level was a real treat. I didn't think I could like your mother in law more after the Christmas trip, but what a fab treat from her!
Aww, she is lovely and very good to us. We took her to DLP for her 70th and Joes first Disney trip, I think she surprised herself by how much she liked it. It’s a shame as it’s her 80th and she’d have loved to either have gone to DLP in October or WDW for Christmas - we could have treated her this time.

Looking forward to reading the rest of your report.
Old 25 Aug 20, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Aww, she is lovely and very good to us. We took her to DLP for her 70th and Joes first Disney trip, I think she surprised herself by how much she liked it. It’s a shame as it’s her 80th and she’d have loved to either have gone to DLP in October or WDW for Christmas - we could have treated her this time.

Looking forward to reading the rest of your report.
Wouldn't it have been lovely to treat her for Halloween or Christmas I'm sure she would have loved it. My grandmother took us on a big family trip for her 80th to DLP in 2000, she had 4 children so with partners and grandchildren there were over 20 of us. So, that was my mum and dad's first Disney trip when they were both 50. Last year was their 2nd and they were both 69. So knowing that your MIL was keen to return gives me hope. When I showed them the photos from this trip Mum said she'd happily go to WDW again so it sounds like it's just dad I have to win over I think I'll just get Kate onto it

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Oh to be back in DLP! Well done for grabbing the bull by the horns and giving it a go. The weather looks positively Floridian! So pleased you had a good first day. The McFluff Clan also prefer the Paris BTMR...It seems a bit faster and a bit more of a thrill ride in Paris. I'm looking forward to seeing what has changed since we were last there. Great to be reading a trip report. Thanks for posting.
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Kidd McFluff View Post
Oh to be back in DLP! Well done for grabbing the bull by the horns and giving it a go. The weather looks positively Floridian! So pleased you had a good first day. The McFluff Clan also prefer the Paris BTMR...It seems a bit faster and a bit more of a thrill ride in Paris. I'm looking forward to seeing what has changed since we were last there. Great to be reading a trip report. Thanks for posting.
I'm really glad we just went for it. Any dithering would have meant it had to be cancelled or having to deal with the 14 day quarantine so we were incredibly lucky.

The weather was positively Floridian, just without the torrential downpours. BTMR in Paris is an awesome ride, each time we went over the geyser and the water sprayed I thought it would get us. It also seemed much darker than the wdw ride, it was pitch black at the start. And you are right it certainly felt faster to me.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

No surprise at the lack of sleep-powered by possible anxiety & excitement with a touch of pixie dust!
Sounds like a pretty perfect travel day, I was feeling a bit hot thinking of your walk to the hotel. What a great time in the park your wait times worked well, definitely a great taster session for your proper park days!
I could just eat one of those pretzels...did I miss the drank a gin post?
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
No surprise at the lack of sleep-powered by possible anxiety & excitement with a touch of pixie dust!
Sounds like a pretty perfect travel day, I was feeling a bit hot thinking of your walk to the hotel. What a great time in the park your wait times worked well, definitely a great taster session for your proper park days!
I could just eat one of those pretzels...did I miss the drank a gin post?
Yes the lack of sleep was highly predictable, but in the end everything went very smoothly and the whole travel experience was fine. The evening in the park was great, in spite of struggling for food we still managed to stuff ourselves. The pretzel was super tasty, very hot though, she struggled to hold it without it burning her fingers.

Old 6 Sep 20, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

What a great day .
Lol how typical the minute you set off there is a phone crisis at home.

Fab having all that space on the train and it looked a lovely start with the walk to the resort. Kate’s floor photo shots are , erm, interesting.
Resort looks cool.

So much space in the parks too. Awesome ride tally. Some lovely pics. The sun on Main Street ... that’s a fine feeling.

Mmm cafe Hyperion food looked a bit average ?

I loved that part where you arrived and Kate put the Disney channel on while you unpacked. Proper holiday vibe.
What a fab day x
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
What a great day .
Lol how typical the minute you set off there is a phone crisis at home.

Fab having all that space on the train and it looked a lovely start with the walk to the resort. Kate’s floor photo shots are , erm, interesting.
Resort looks cool.

So much space in the parks too. Awesome ride tally. Some lovely pics. The sun on Main Street ... that’s a fine feeling.

Mmm cafe Hyperion food looked a bit average ?

I loved that part where you arrived and Kate put the Disney channel on while you unpacked. Proper holiday vibe.
What a fab day x
It was very easy to social distance on the train. The floor photos are odd aren't they? I don't know what she was thinking. Santa fe was pretty cute and the room was great for 2 people, it would have been a bit snug for 4 though.

The fish sandwich I had was pretty average, but the food got better after a plea for help and ideas from other dibbers. In the end that dinner turned out to be the worst meal of the trip, so we can't complain really.

Old 19 Sep 20, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Love your backpack!

The feeling of walking out of the train station and knowing you were in Disney must have just been magical. You’re so lucky to be so close. Being able to wake up in your own bed and then be on Main Street by the afternoon, what a dream.

Glad you coped with your masks in the heat. I have to wear a mask at work now and I actually now feel really strange without it, it’s not that I feel vulnerable, it just feels like part of the uniform so I’m not concerned at all about wearing them in the Parks. Nik definitely is though!

The characters at the train station are a lovely touch.

Love the pretzel, a real taste of Disney.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Love your backpack!

The feeling of walking out of the train station and knowing you were in Disney must have just been magical. You’re so lucky to be so close. Being able to wake up in your own bed and then be on Main Street by the afternoon, what a dream.

Glad you coped with your masks in the heat. I have to wear a mask at work now and I actually now feel really strange without it, it’s not that I feel vulnerable, it just feels like part of the uniform so I’m not concerned at all about wearing them in the Parks. Nik definitely is though!

The characters at the train station are a lovely touch.

Love the pretzel, a real taste of Disney.
The backpack was from Primark, actually it's Kate's bag. We are fortunate to be so close to Europe and the train is easy for us. I'm not sure if Eurostar will survive, I read that trains won't stop at Ebbsfleet and Ashford until 2022, bookings are down 90% compared to last year and they are going to reduce their timetable in 2021. I hope they survive as you're right it's perfect for us and so easy.

Walking out of the station into the sunshine was magical there was no way we were going to get a bus we wanted to see all the shops and restaurants of the village, we wanted to hear all the music and most of all we wanted to feel the magic.

I'm wearing a mask at school for moving around, but we don't have to wear it while teaching which is nice. I'm glad you've got used to wearing your mask all day. It obviously would have been nicer if we didn't have to wear it but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as we feared it would be. Whenever we wanted a break from it we found a bench and had a drink or snack.