Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Sep 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
hellin family
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile Caution - BA eVoucher can be used for FLIGHTS only

Just in case anyone else gets caught out - we had future travel vouchers with BA after we postponed our trip. We received an email saying transfer these to a single eVoucher and you can use it online to book on BA.com (whereas you have to phone BA to use future travel vouchers). So I did this and today went to book a flydrive - not valid! Can only be used on the flights part, so we've booked flights only and will use Andy's DFCH for car hire. Bit disappointed as we now have a voucher left with over £200 on it that we can't use for seats or any other extras. Will hope we can use it for an April 2022 trip somewhere. Oh - you also can't use Avios with the eVoucher - I would have had a further £80 off flights with avios saved up but its not for use with the voucher.

Wendy, Jake and Lillie x

Dec 2005 New York and Florida honeymoon, Grand Reserve
Dec 2006 Anniversary Trip, Grand Reserve, Davenport
Dec 2010 Jake's first trip, Glenbrook
Jan 2011 Lillie's first trip, Windsor Palms
Feb 2013 Jake and Lillie's Grand Adventures, Florida Pines
Oct 2014 Disneys All Stars Music Resort
hellin family is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 20, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh dear, glad you posted that.

Does it mean that you cannot use a voucher in part payment for a flydrive or a holiday? I would want to be able to do that for package protection.

Does it rely on what your voucher was for originally? So flydrive cancelled, voucher can be used for flydrive?

And this is evouchers only? but If you keep your forward travel voucher it can be used for holidays too?

Edited at 01:16 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Was the original booking a fly drive ? Interested as ours is and we are waiting for our cancellation
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 20, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I used my voucher as the deposit on a holiday (flight, car and hotel). I booked a few weeks ago, and had to call, but everything went through fine - the deposit should have been more than my voucher, but the agent said don’t worry about that, and just used the voucher value.
Old 1 Sep 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I was reading the terms and conditions for BA vouchers yesterday as we have a few trips booked that will probably end up being cancelled and it said that you could use it towards a new booking that could be a holiday.

Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I used a future travel voucher last week to book a BA holiday in Crete, that was from an original flight only booking. My parents did the same with their evoucher, all booked over the phone with BA. No issues whatsoever!

Edited at 06:13 PM.
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 20, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I once had a BA voucher for a flight anywhere in Europe due to their mess up of a trip to Italy. Unfortunately it proved impossible to use as whenever I tried to book there were never any available flights during the year it was valid. A total waste of time
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 20, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
judy22
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
I was reading the terms and conditions for BA vouchers yesterday as we have a few trips booked that will probably end up being cancelled and it said that you could use it towards a new booking that could be a holiday.

I think the OP was referring to an e-voucher. Your screenshot is regarding Future Travel vouchers. There is a link in the info you showed for the terms and conditions of e-vouchers.
judy22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by judy22 View Post
I think the OP was referring to an e-voucher. Your screenshot is regarding Future Travel vouchers. There is a link in the info you showed for the terms and conditions of e-vouchers.
I wonder why BA are suggesting to change from a future travel voucher to an eVoucher when they're more restrictive then?

OP - could you complain to BA and ask them to switch it back to a future travel voucher? Was it clear in your initial email that you can only use an eVoucher on flights?
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
trampslikeus
Apprentice Imagineer

I just took refund to card for deposit on Fly Drive as didn't see any advantage in money being retained under a voucher program.
I would have thought that vouchers issued by BA would be valid on BA only, and vouchers issued by BA Holidays would be valid on BA Holidays only?
trampslikeus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List