Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Nov 20, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I respectfully think you are out of touch because I honesty would have guessed it would have been more than £22 for an adult as it cost that much just to park at a theme park in Florida.
Sorry yes it was 26 not 22

zsl/ticket/zsl-london-zoo#date

It was a super saver
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 20, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

I agree that it’s often worth buying an annual pass. We used to do this for Marwell when DS was little as it was only about £10 more than a day ticket.

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 20, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

if you take a picnic you can make a whole day so becomes a good price for a day out. it is not just about seeing the animals it is about learning and supporting conservation
Old 4 Nov 20, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We went to Edinburgh Zoo early September for my best friends 50th day out. We had a great day and it was very much worth the ticket price.
The thing for me is ticket prices for concerts and theatres. I very often think these are overpriced and I can’t justify the costs.
Old 4 Nov 20, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We have a season ticket for our 'local' zoo, think we pay £47 per year. We've already been 4 times on this year's ticket and have until next May.

Some zoos season tickets allow you into other zoos in the same group. For example, our friends have a Colchester Zoo pass and you are allowed 1 visit per year to Marwell, Paignton, Edinburgh, plus loads of others
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 20, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
We went to Edinburgh Zoo early September for my best friends 50th day out. We had a great day and it was very much worth the ticket price.
The thing for me is ticket prices for concerts and theatres. I very often think these are overpriced and I can’t justify the costs.
Hey the costs for theatre are astronomical.

You have the wages of: sound, lights, automation, wigs, wardrobe, make up, cast, stage crew, prop managers, front of house, stage door, front of out management, dressers, production/company managers, cleaners, truck drivers, chaperones (if you’ve got kids), catering (if you’ve got kids/musicians are touring sometimes), extra crew for a fit up and get out, physios, carpenters, maintenance, merchandise managers/teams - this list goes on and I’ve definitely forgotten people.

You then have the cost of: props, wigs, make up, costume, electricity, venue hire, security, trucks, first aid courses/first aid kit, storage, sets, merchandise, rehearsal time and space, road closures (we have to close 2 roads most Monday day times and Saturday nights. Bigger shows can require 3/4 road closures for weeks).

Ticket prices have to cover all of that, and then a very small amount goes to the theatre, hence why drinks prices are so much, money isn’t made in ticket sales.

I know theatre is expensive, but there really is a reason behind the costs. That’s why many aren’t going ahead with socially distanced performances, we can’t afford to. The ones that are, are running at a loss.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪

Edited at 03:37 PM.
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
what about the 5 sisters zoo Shirley it is really good

ADULT £13.73 (£12.95) Quantity selection for ticket type ADULT 0 1 2 3 4 5 6
CHILD (3-15 YEARS) £11.61 (£10.95) Quantity selection for ticket type CHILD (3-15 YEARS) 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
CONCESSION £12.14 (£11.45) Quantity selection for ticket type CONCESSION 0 1 2 3 4 5 6

Admission for 60+ years, disabled customers and carers

CHILD (UNDER 3) £0.00 (£0.00)

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 20, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
what about the 5 sisters zoo Shirley it is really good

ADULT £13.73 (£12.95) Quantity selection for ticket type ADULT 0 1 2 3 4 5 6
CHILD (3-15 YEARS) £11.61 (£10.95) Quantity selection for ticket type CHILD (3-15 YEARS) 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
CONCESSION £12.14 (£11.45) Quantity selection for ticket type CONCESSION 0 1 2 3 4 5 6

Admission for 60+ years, disabled customers and carers

CHILD (UNDER 3) £0.00 (£0.00)
I’ve not been there myself but I’ve heard it’s really good.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 20, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
Hey the costs for theatre are astronomical.

You have the wages of: sound, lights, automation, wigs, wardrobe, make up, cast, stage crew, prop managers, front of house, stage door, front of out management, dressers, production/company managers, cleaners, truck drivers, chaperones (if you’ve got kids), catering (if you’ve got kids/musicians are touring sometimes), extra crew for a fit up and get out, physios, carpenters, maintenance, merchandise managers/teams - this list goes on and I’ve definitely forgotten people.

You then have the cost of: props, wigs, make up, costume, electricity, venue hire, security, trucks, first aid courses/first aid kit, storage, sets, merchandise, rehearsal time and space, road closures (we have to close 2 roads most Monday day times and Saturday nights. Bigger shows can require 3/4 road closures for weeks).

Ticket prices have to cover all of that, and then a very small amount goes to the theatre, hence why drinks prices are so much, money isn’t made in ticket sales.

I know theatre is expensive, but there really is a reason behind the costs. That’s why many aren’t going ahead with socially distanced performances, we can’t afford to. The ones that are, are running at a loss.
I’m going to be honest and say that I hadn’t considered everything you have mentioned here and it is a huge amount of outlay. And I did think of you when posting , I actually think of you every time I read or see anything about theatres.
With regards to concerts, my dh isn’t as into music as I am , so I always see the ticket price as double as he isn’t bothered about going or not.
And I’m not as into theatre or musicals as he is so vice versa. But if either of us really want to see something or someone we don’t really hesitate as long as it’s not unreasonable.
But I genuinely want to thank you for pointing out where all the costs go as I will now keep this in mind going forward and it might make me more appreciative of the ticket prices.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 20, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
I’m going to be honest and say that I hadn’t considered everything you have mentioned here and it is a huge amount of outlay. And I did think of you when posting , I actually think of you every time I read or see anything about theatres.
With regards to concerts, my dh isn’t as into music as I am , so I always see the ticket price as double as he isn’t bothered about going or not.
And I’m not as into theatre or musicals as he is so vice versa. But if either of us really want to see something or someone we don’t really hesitate as long as it’s not unreasonable.
But I genuinely want to thank you for pointing out where all the costs go as I will now keep this in mind going forward and it might make me more appreciative of the ticket prices.
Oh don’t worry! There’s so many hidden costs - that actually even a lot of us who live and breathe this minefield of an industry didn’t automatically think of until lockdown 1 happened. Of course we know why the costs are so high, but until we sat and broke it down (it was done originally when we closed a week earlier than full lockdown to highlight how many people it affected as most just think of cast) that we fully realised why it’s so much.

It’s just an insight as to why it’s costs so much, same with zoos and their conservation and Veterinarian work really.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List