Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Nov 20, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
mrslfc
Excited about Disney

Who else is positive for Aug 2021

Hi everyone

So after our Aug 2020 trip was cancelled I moved our Disney hotel booking to Aug 2021 and took some time away from thinking about this holiday, I had been planning our once in lifetime trip for 2 years and was so gutted that it was cancelled I just didnt want to think about it anymore.

The last couple of weeks I have started watching Disney vloggs again and the next thing I know I am looking for flights for Aug 2021! DH and I decided if the flights are going so we will no matter what the situation is in Disney and instead of it being a once in a lifetime if things are still far from normal we will just have to go back!

So flights are now booked and I have changed the Disney booking to make the most of the free night offer and have also booked the hotel at Universal. Trying not to get too excited again but its hard!

Anyone else feeling positive that we will be able to go to Disney next year?
mrslfc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Julieb89
Looking for my Ears

Hi!
I’m totally with you on this ☺️
We have just booked for Sept 2021 after a lot of debating pros and cons! Some days I’m feeling excited and other days I’m feeling like I’m investing a lot of energy into something that might not happen. I suppose this is just the way it’s going to be until we know what happens in the new year?
I’m trying to book everything with low / no deposits as a bit of a safety net just incase. We love our Florida holidays and can only hope and pray!
Julieb89 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Me! Cannot wait, first night drinks at The Gurgling Suitcase OKW then sitting on the balcony thinking two more weeks of this! That'll get me through the Winter
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Aurora2018
Excited about Disney

Me too! We have been waiting for this trip for a long time, with vaccine news I'm more positive! We have booked August 2021.
Aurora2018 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sometime around April this year I joined an "August 2020 positivity" thread even though we weren't going then. Got some abuse to be honest from keyboard warriors who just couldn't abide any positivity posts.

After our April 2020 trip was cancelled we just couldn't imagine that we wouldn't be going this month. How wrong could I be so often.

Anyway we have the villa booked and flights paid for next April so I have to share in August positivity threads don't I?

We won't be going anywhere near WDW (except maybe DS) so our holiday fun comes from villa life, Longhorn steaks and a bit of shopping. I refuse to join the doom and gloom threads.

Mick
Old 11 Nov 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Sometime around April this year I joined an "August 2020 positivity" thread even though we weren't going then. Got some abuse to be honest from keyboard warriors who just couldn't abide any positivity posts.

After our April 2020 trip was cancelled we just couldn't imagine that we wouldn't be going this month. How wrong could I be so often.

Anyway we have the villa booked and flights paid for next April so I have to share in August positivity threads don't I?

We won't be going anywhere near WDW (except maybe DS) so our holiday fun comes from villa life, Longhorn steaks and a bit of shopping. I refuse to join the doom and gloom threads.

Mick
Oh I remember the August 2020 thread very well! It got pretty hairy at time’s trying to shoehorn the negative nancies out.

Well I’m back! Positivity thread August 2021! No one will notice the the date change will they? 😂😂

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle73
a Friend of the DIBB

We are booked for august 2021😊( moved from aug 2020) feeling really positive after the vaccine announcement, and very excited!
Belle73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Wishuponastar83
Trainee Dibber

I’m positive for August 21 too. We moved ours from August this year to next. We had to change from POR to CBR which is a shame but it will be nice to try somewhere new. We have 2 nights at Hard rock hotel, then 21 nights at Disney so I’m really excited. Can’t wait to hear that magic band ping again!
Wishuponastar83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
petit-pois
VIP Dibber

We’re also booked for August ‘21 after having our Aug 20 trip cancelled. Definitely feeling more positive since the recent vaccine news, even if only hubby (vulnerable group) is vaccinated by then we will definitely be going if USA allows. We’ve waited 10 long years since our last visit and NEED to go back!
petit-pois is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

I’m in...
Totally re booked everything for next August...Im feeling incredibly positive.
And looking forward to everyone’s plans appearing on the dibb ❤️
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List