Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 25 Dec 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Both the turkey and the gammon were enjoyed by us all. The turkey was quite moist and flavoursome, although cold, and although I did enjoy it I would have preferred it hot.

So all in all not a disaster but an enjoyable Christmas lunch

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 20, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by marlouwrig View Post
Both the turkey and the gammon were enjoyed by us all. The turkey was quite moist and flavoursome, although cold, and although I did enjoy it I would have preferred it hot.

Ah so pleased it worked out for you all 👍👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 20, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I preordered a beef Wellington that looked tiny when I collected it. In a huff I bought a second one. Well the first one was huge when we started to carve it and we couldn’t finish it. So will be beef Wellington tomorrow as well.

No idea why my brain goes into overdrive at Xmas and I always end up buying far too much food.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Mobile

There are always stories of turkey bring off at Christmas, is it only at Christmas or any other times?
Old 25 Dec 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
We had a cockerel (large chicken) for the two of us. It was from M&S and was really lovely, with a decent amount of leftovers. However I ‘forgot’ it was just the two of us and bought a rather large cooked ham. We’ll be eating it for days!

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
We had a cockerel (large chicken) for the two of us. It was from M&S and was really lovely, with a decent amount of leftovers. However I ‘forgot’ it was just the two of us and bought a rather large cooked ham. We’ll be eating it for days!
Is that what they used to call a Capon? If it is I remember my Mum buying them. Awesome taste.

Best thing we had this Xmas dinner? Plant based stuffing balls. Best stuffing I have ever had in my 65 years.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by marlouwrig View Post

I’m glad it all worked out well for you.

Thankfully no disasters here and miraculously lunch was only 10 mins later than I had planned.

Certainly better than 5 years ago when our oven broke and we had to bbq the beef!
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
There are always stories of turkey bring off at Christmas, is it only at Christmas or any other times?
It is other times. In april I bought one from morrisons. Opened it to use a good 3 days before the use by date and it was gross. Absolutley stank and was slimey with a sort of green hue to it🤢
I guess there are more stories around at Christmas as so many folk buy one.
Old 26 Dec 20, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by littlelish0544 View Post
It is other times. In april I bought one from morrisons. Opened it to use a good 3 days before the use by date and it was gross. Absolutley stank and was slimey with a sort of green hue to it🤢
I guess there are more stories around at Christmas as so many folk buy one.
More of a disaster too if you discover it on a day all the supermarkets are shut.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
More of a disaster too if you discover it on a day all the supermarkets are shut.
Oh for sure! Im glad you rescued your lunch though 🙂