Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 4 Jan 21, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Do you tell you adult kids what to eat?

My adult kids Didn't fancy anything I had to give them for dinner tonight, so ds came in from work and ordered McCey Ds and dd ordered Taco Bell and dh moaned at them! I then said they are adults and can do what they like with their own money and he said well they have too many takeaways and its not good for them. He could be right but it’s winter, life is restricted and they can’t go anywhere. What would you do tell them off or just leave them, they are both a little overweight but nothing major! Dh stuffs done cakes and chocolate, crisps and snacks and is skinny! 🤦 If they didn’t live at home they can do as they please! 🤷
Old 4 Jan 21, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
hellin family
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

I think as adults I'd agree with you if they are spending their own money and if it's only now and then. They would maybe have more if they were out and about so I'd be a bit lenient I think. Especially in these very strange times.

And also... oh to be able to order a Taco Bell for delivery. I'm drooling. Our nearest is a couple hours drive away. We can't even get a macdonalds delivered where we live. Probably for the best!

Wendy, Jake and Lillie x

Dec 2005 New York and Florida honeymoon, Grand Reserve
Dec 2006 Anniversary Trip, Grand Reserve, Davenport
Dec 2010 Jake's first trip, Glenbrook
Jan 2011 Lillie's first trip, Windsor Palms
Feb 2013 Jake and Lillie's Grand Adventures, Florida Pines
Oct 2014 Disneys All Stars Music Resort
hellin family is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I only have one now living at home, I don't mind if he doesn't want to eat what we are having but I get really annoyed if I've been shopping and buy enough for the 3 of us and then he comes in and says oh I've eaten or I'm back eating healthy and don't need tea tonight, which is what he has just said, and I've just been shopping!
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I think my son 23 and daughter 15 are eating too many takeaways too.Not a lot I can do it’s their money but I do tell them.
None of us ever ate takeaways at all before lockdown. The other day they ordered a dessert from a fancy dessert shop. I think it’s ridiculous but they just say they are helping the economy 😂
Son had to be careful with weight now gyms are closed. Daughter is very fit but I was young and skinny once !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Growing up we were vegetarian and never had a convenience meal as Mother made everything from scratch. So we ate it as it was made with love - so I now eat whatever someone has made for me and am not at all fussy. If I make food for people I expect them to eat it and would be very hurt, for whatever reason, if they didnt. Apart form being good manners I think all sitting down at a table to eat is good for the soul - living lone and with covid that is the one thing I miss the most but I still sit at the table for every meal - its good practice .
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MinniMouse View Post
I only have one now living at home, I don't mind if he doesn't want to eat what we are having but I get really annoyed if I've been shopping and buy enough for the 3 of us and then he comes in and says oh I've eaten or I'm back eating healthy and don't need tea tonight, which is what he has just said, and I've just been shopping!
Yep, I get this, exactly the same. It is annoying, especially if I have defrosted something from out of the freezer.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Mobile

My mum didn’t comment on what I ate when I was an adult, however, I did pay rent, plus I paid for my own food and I cooked my own food too. So it’s not like I wasting her food/money if I didn’t want to eat anything that was in the house.

I’d agree, once someone is an adult, you can’t really tell them what they can or can’t eat.
Fluffypenguin is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
My adult kids Didn't fancy anything I had to give them for dinner tonight, so ds came in from work and ordered McCey Ds and dd ordered Taco Bell and dh moaned at them! I then said they are adults and can do what they like with their own money and he said well they have too many takeaways and its not good for them. He could be right but it’s winter, life is restricted and they can’t go anywhere. What would you do tell them off or just leave them, they are both a little overweight but nothing major! Dh stuffs done cakes and chocolate, crisps and snacks and is skinny! 🤦 If they didn’t live at home they can do as they please! 🤷
I'm with you on this one provided i haven't already started cooking something and they have warned you in advance.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
I'm with you on this one provided i haven't already started cooking something and they have warned you in advance.
I only offered them bacon and egg or toasted sandwiches because we need to go food shopping tomorrow, they didn’t fancy either so got their own. My food wasn’t particularly healthy either anyway nobody listened to dh and he shut up!
Old 4 Jan 21, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I only offered them bacon and egg or toasted sandwiches because we need to go food shopping tomorrow, they didn’t fancy either so got their own. My food wasn’t particularly healthy either anyway nobody listened to dh and he shut up!
Sounds fair enough to me.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List