Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Jan 21, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
Is there something she'd love to do once we're allowed out.

My mum's favourite presents are doing something rather than receiving something.

Maybe tickets for a show or a concert you can go together. Make memories not cupboards of 'stuff"
Absolutely. I’m 64 and I don’t need stuff! I definitely don’t need a blanket. My best gifts have been things to do (afternoon tea, theatre vouchers etc). I’ve also enjoyed membership of the V&A and the British Museum. I’ve recently been given a subscription to Private Eye which I love.

Hand made gifts are always appreciated too. Our daughter is an artist so we’ve had lovely gifts of her work.

I’ve taught myself to crochet in lockdown so yarn is always welcome.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

I think some of us that got vouchers to do things “once we can” last year, might prefer something for the now this year. We are just beginning to get the Vouchers out to see when they start to expire!

Is there a bit of a stigma to blankets, once you get a bit older? I only ask as a fleece blankets and throws are so popular right now, for snuggling/comfort and household decor.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pinkbelle View Post
I think some of us that got vouchers to do things “once we can” last year, might prefer something for the now this year. We are just beginning to get the Vouchers out to see when they start to expire!

Is there a bit of a stigma to blankets, once you get a bit older? I only ask as a fleece blankets and throws are so popular right now, for snuggling/comfort and household decor.
I think its odd to buy anyone say over 50 a blanket - fleece or not, as its one step away from a commode or on incontinence pants. I would be horrified if anyone brought me a blanket or food (well insulted) . If she doesnt have Netflix or a tablet then they would be suitable so she can so something fun during lockdown which could go on for months - then take her out for supper (again I find afternoon tea ok for old Grannies but would HATE someone doing that to me - especially as all we an do at the moment it sit at home and drink tea lol) but someone for her to open and use on the day is key

Edited at 09:58 AM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Originally Posted by pinkbelle View Post

Thats what I thought, i got ds gf an oodie for xmas which she loves and ds going to order one of those fleece blankets with the pictures on for valentines day but seems some people think you have to be 99 and having a blanket over your knee to qualify for it and theres nothing wrong with being old and wanting that, don't get me wrong I would be have severe hot flushes but everyone is different. I'm a 50 year old metal music lover and often have band t-shirts on 😂
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I think its odd to buy anyone say over 50 a blanket - fleece or not, as its one step away from a commode or on incontinence pants. I would be horrified if anyone brought me a blanket or food (well insulted) . If she doesnt have Netflix or a tablet then they would be suitable so she can so something fun during lockdown which could go on for months - then take her out for supper (again I find afternoon tea ok for old Grannies but would HATE someone doing that to me - especially as all we an do at the moment it sit at home and drink tea lol) but someone for her to open and use on the day is key
I love afternoon tea and have had several, I am 50 so does that make me a granny, I haven't got any grand kids yet lol. I was thinking of the fleece blanket as sentimental as you have pictures put on it. Some people like sentimental things some don't 🤷
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

Son got me a year’s subscription to Disney +. Some excellent programmes.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List