Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 Jul 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Planet Hollywood - the good the bad and the ugly

So we are having to go to Planet Hollywood this year.

We are meeting up with my friend and her daughter quite a bit whilst we are there and the girls have both requested Planet Hollywood. So being a good mum I've made the ADR and am taking one for the team as I know it doesn't always get the best reviews. (in exchange for Monsieur Paul so i am OK with it)

Please tell me what you have eaten that is great so I can order wisely.

Also tell me what to avoid!

How did you find the service?

I've heard you cannot swap out a freakshake for dessert - assuming that you cannot have one as the drink option on dining plan too?

Cheers

Pez

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Can’t help with your queries unfortunately, but I have strangely booked it for our next trip. I want to go. I want the signature burger. It will be part of my food report but sadly too late for you. Anyway commenting for further updates.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
qwerty2k
Trading Disney Pins

i really like the la lasgane so can recommend that, though i haven't been to it in wdw for a few years so hoping its still on the menu.
qwerty2k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Leicesterlass
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

We went last August even after reading bad reviews as the kids really wanted to go and we all loved it. The burgers were great and dd devoured her pasta. Great atmosphere as well.

We couldn't fault it. Not fine dining but if you like tgis or Frankie and Benny it's great x
Leicesterlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Honestly the best steak of my 2018 trip!

Portions were big, food was really nice, service was great (and thanks to transport issues we were 30 minutes late!).
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma-p
Excited about Disney

we booked last time we went loved it! so went again. going October and booked twice for then. don't know why it gets bad reviews
Emma-p is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Think we might try it this trip now I’ve heard some good reviews. We quite like places like tgi’s etc so think we might enjoy it 😊
Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

I can’t remember what I had in 2017 (possibly a burger) but can remember enjoying it. However my dad’s tower of ribs was amazing. Had real food envy! Photos are in my trippy.
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida-Sarah
Apprentice Imagineer

Florida-Sarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We ate here on our last trip and actually really enjoyed the experience!

My children always request YMCA in the car as it reminds them of the night we ate there (they play loud music with the words projected on the dome and encourage crowd / diner participation.)

My burger was very good as far as burgers go and my husband said his steak was also good. It really surprised me and was a fun night.

I wouldn’t go for a romantic meal but of you fancy something different, loud music that the kids (and probably you too) will be singing along to and basic American fayre then give it a try!

In fact we are going back this year!

WDW: 1992, 1993, 1996, 1998, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 x2, 2017, 2018, 2019 x 2

DCL: Disney Dream 2017, Disney Fantasy 2019

Edited at 10:38 PM.
Florida-Sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We've been twice since the refurb, first time we sat inside and it was like hell on earth, it was so loud with kids screaming and echoing we ended up skipping dessert. The second time we sat outside and it was lovely, you could hear the musicians downstairs and I would go back if I could sit outside.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List