Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Jul 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Laughing Minnie
Excited about Disney

Mobile Kyoto accommodation recommendations

In December, we are spending four nights in Kyoto and four nights in Tokyo. I have booked most things but I am really stumped with where to book for Kyoto. We want to be near Gion, but there is too much choice. Do you have any recommendations for a hotel or Airbnb in Kyoto that you liked?
Laughing Minnie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

We stayed here: airbnb/rooms/57785...Wfm 7WlKXECgp It was very handy for Fushimi-Inari (we were able to get an early start and beat the crowds for some lovely photos). It is only a few stops from Gion on the Keihan Line and also close to Inari station on the JR line which goes directly to Kyoto station.
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Laughing Minnie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Caroian View Post
We stayed here: airbnb/rooms/57785...Wfm 7WlKXECgp It was very handy for Fushimi-Inari (we were able to get an early start and beat the crowds for some lovely photos). It is only a few stops from Gion on the Keihan Line and also close to Inari station on the JR line which goes directly to Kyoto station.
Thanks for sharing
Laughing Minnie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Kyoto. We liked it and it was handy for the buses, they also sold the bus passes at the concierge desk.
Wordsworth is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
martha
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We stayed at the Cross Hotel. Really nice, clean modern hotel. We were room only and there was a nice little cafe/bakery round the corner where you can get breakfast. Good location for buses to see the many sights as well as in walking distance to Imperial Palace, Nijo castle among others.
Old 31 Jul 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post

We decided to book some traditional accommodation for our Kyoto section of our Japan trip, i.e. a ryokan.

This was eleven years ago and I vaguely recalled its name and have now managed to match my photos up to pictures I have seen online, so it was the Tamahan Ryokan, which according to google is less than a mile from the centre of the Gion District. Its own website is not very good, but it does seems to be featured in a few articles.

It was a very unique experience, we loved doing the Japanese dinners in the evening, but we opted for a western style breakfast. We had a deep, square wooden bath and western style loo. I also remember it was very well located and our evening strolls were really interesting.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

We stopped in Ayaya, a japanese house. ayaya-japanese-inns.business.site/ we booked through airbnb. I think every review is 5*, ours included. 5 mins from kyoto station, 2 bedrooms, dining area, launderette on corner, proper supermarket 5 mins away in a mall, 7 eleven (with 7 bank atm) round the corner. A real gem.

You can get anywhere from kyoto station of course. Thats assuming you get out of kyoto station (with just as much to do!)

Edited at 07:48 AM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List