Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Unread 14 Jul 19, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

gifting virgin airmiles

can family or friends gift you their virgin airmiles
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
How Long ! :-(
Unread 14 Jul 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

You can't gift them for free. You can transfer them, but there's a charge. There's another thread running here about it: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1136519

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip 29th March - 12th April 2017
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana!
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
CBR birthday surprise trip!
Unread 14 Jul 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yes but it costs money. We had to do it a few years ago as I had more miles than my sister. They charged us at that point. When we were booking this years trip they just lumped all the miles together though so I think it depends who you get. Both times I was booking flights for both of us.
If you check the VA website itll detail the charges.

Dining Reports
2011,2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Trip reports
2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Where are we staying in 2020?
Unread 14 Jul 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

does that mean if my wife applies for a virgin credit card and gets say 15000 airmiles we wouldn't be able to put the miles together for the same flights

Edited at 10:10 AM.
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 14 Jul 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Ah80207
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We were able to combine ours when we rang and booked flights over the phone
Ah80207 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time onsite Disney!
Unread 14 Jul 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

Mobile

Checked by text and got this reply

Well done on earning all of those miles!≈It is only possible to use one account per booking so to use miles from more than one account there are two options for you. You can make separate bookings online from each account and we can link them together for you. Alternatively we are able to transfer miles into one account. This is only permitted should each member have enough miles to redeem each sector of the booking or the same amount of miles for a Miles Plus Money booking. Should you not proceed with the booking in the next 24 hours the mileage transfer will be reversed back to the original account. Sorry about the confusion however SMS≈is not an instant form of communication as I also have to assist other passengers.

Then I asked about the cost

As long as≈each member has≈enough miles to redeem each sector of the booking or the same amount of miles for a Miles Plus Money booking we can complete this transfer for you. All other transfers outside of those amounts would have to be completed online under your accounts for the appropriate transfer charges.

Now I am confused.com
Unread 14 Jul 19, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
shelle
slightly serious Dibber

If you want to transfer miles in order to make a booking (including the person whose miles they are) then Virgin will transfer them free of charge. I believe it's for 24 hours while you make the booking online and then they revert back to the original account. The miles transferred must be enough to cover a sector of the flight.
If you just want to gift miles to someone for them to use or for future use if you're never going to use them and they expire then you do this through your flying club account and there is a charge.

Hope this helps. I suppose the question is: why do you want to transfer them?

Edited at 11:24 AM.
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Just couldn't resist. Last minute villa
Unread 14 Jul 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
Checked by text and got this reply

Well done on earning all of those miles!≈It is only possible to use one account per booking so to use miles from more than one account there are two options for you. You can make separate bookings online from each account and we can link them together for you. Alternatively we are able to transfer miles into one account. This is only permitted should each member have enough miles to redeem each sector of the booking or the same amount of miles for a Miles Plus Money booking. Should you not proceed with the booking in the next 24 hours the mileage transfer will be reversed back to the original account. Sorry about the confusion however SMS≈is not an instant form of communication as I also have to assist other passengers.

Then I asked about the cost

As long as≈each member has≈enough miles to redeem each sector of the booking or the same amount of miles for a Miles Plus Money booking we can complete this transfer for you. All other transfers outside of those amounts would have to be completed online under your accounts for the appropriate transfer charges.

Now I am confused.com
They're basically saying that if you have enough miles in your account for a flight and your partner has enough miles in their account for a flight and you want to book, that you can either just book 2 flights separately, or they'll transfer all the miles from one account in to the other free of charge and book both flights from one account. - it actually makes it easier for them to do that. However, if your partner doesn't have enough miles to cover their flight in full, but adding them to your account would mean you can book 2 flights as you have more miles than they have, that there would be a transfer charge. I have read of some agents waiving this though, so it could depend on who you talk to. This is all relevant if you're actually booking flights at the time. If you're not in the position to book flights and just want to transfer/gift miles to another account, then you'll have to pay the relevant fee.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip 29th March - 12th April 2017
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana!
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
CBR birthday surprise trip!