Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Jul 19, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
gifting virgin airmiles

can family or friends gift you their virgin airmiles
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

You can't gift them for free. You can transfer them, but there's a charge. There's another thread running here about it: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1136519

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yes but it costs money. We had to do it a few years ago as I had more miles than my sister. They charged us at that point. When we were booking this years trip they just lumped all the miles together though so I think it depends who you get. Both times I was booking flights for both of us.
If you check the VA website it’ll detail the charges.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
does that mean if my wife applies for a virgin credit card and gets say 15000 airmiles we wouldn't be able to put the miles together for the same flights

Edited at 10:10 AM.
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Ah80207
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We were able to combine ours when we rang and booked flights over the phone
Ah80207 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Mobile

Checked by text and got this reply

Well done on earning all of those miles!≈It is only possible to use one account per booking so to use miles from more than one account there are two options for you. You can make separate bookings online from each account and we can link them together for you. Alternatively we are able to transfer miles into one account. This is only permitted should each member have enough miles to redeem each sector of the booking or the same amount of miles for a Miles Plus Money booking. Should you not proceed with the booking in the next 24 hours the mileage transfer will be reversed back to the original account. Sorry about the confusion however SMS≈is not an instant form of communication as I also have to assist other passengers.

Then I asked about the cost

As long as≈each member has≈enough miles to redeem each sector of the booking or the same amount of miles for a Miles Plus Money booking we can complete this transfer for you. All other transfers outside of those amounts would have to be completed online under your accounts for the appropriate transfer charges.

Now I am confused.com
2016 Boardwalk Villas
2015 Pop Century
2014 Old Key West
Old 14 Jul 19, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

If you want to transfer miles in order to make a booking (including the person whose miles they are) then Virgin will transfer them free of charge. I believe it's for 24 hours while you make the booking online and then they revert back to the original account. The miles transferred must be enough to cover a sector of the flight.
If you just want to gift miles to someone for them to use or for future use if you're never going to use them and they expire then you do this through your flying club account and there is a charge.

Hope this helps. I suppose the question is: why do you want to transfer them?

Edited at 11:24 AM.
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
Checked by text and got this reply

Well done on earning all of those miles!≈It is only possible to use one account per booking so to use miles from more than one account there are two options for you. You can make separate bookings online from each account and we can link them together for you. Alternatively we are able to transfer miles into one account. This is only permitted should each member have enough miles to redeem each sector of the booking or the same amount of miles for a Miles Plus Money booking. Should you not proceed with the booking in the next 24 hours the mileage transfer will be reversed back to the original account. Sorry about the confusion however SMS≈is not an instant form of communication as I also have to assist other passengers.

Then I asked about the cost

As long as≈each member has≈enough miles to redeem each sector of the booking or the same amount of miles for a Miles Plus Money booking we can complete this transfer for you. All other transfers outside of those amounts would have to be completed online under your accounts for the appropriate transfer charges.

Now I am confused.com
They're basically saying that if you have enough miles in your account for a flight and your partner has enough miles in their account for a flight and you want to book, that you can either just book 2 flights separately, or they'll transfer all the miles from one account in to the other free of charge and book both flights from one account. - it actually makes it easier for them to do that. However, if your partner doesn't have enough miles to cover their flight in full, but adding them to your account would mean you can book 2 flights as you have more miles than they have, that there would be a transfer charge. I have read of some agents waiving this though, so it could depend on who you talk to. This is all relevant if you're actually booking flights at the time. If you're not in the position to book flights and just want to transfer/gift miles to another account, then you'll have to pay the relevant fee.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

The official rule is that if you call to make the booking you can combine miles from more than 1 account, but it has to be the amount of 1 flight (each way) to get them to do it for free. So if Orlando is 25k return per person, you can only use multiples of 12.5k from each account. They will combine (they actually do a quick transfer to one of the accounts) them for you on the phone and then the flights are on 1 booking.
As I said the official line is it has to be in multiples of the cost of a one way flight to get it free, but some on here have got lucky and agents have done it for random amounts for free.

You will need authorisation from the other account holders for you to use miles from their accounts. This is just a case of getting them to confirm their details with the agent and confirming they authorise you to use their miles.

Everything above can be done on 1 phonecall.

Edited at 12:23 PM.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
As I said in my previous post, we were charged to transfer miles on one occasion but weren’t last year. It obviously depends who you get at Flying Club.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List