Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.
My Magic Holiday
Unread 14 Jul 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ashilda
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile 'Having a birthday' when there...

Hi all,

We go in 3 weeks so next week im going to get a list together of restaurants we want to try so that I can sign up with them a couple of days before we leave and make use of any member offers.

I've seen posts saying you get free things on your birthday with some places, now we go on the 7th but my husbands birthday really is on the 5th, so my question is how long do you usually get on birthday offers? Is it use the week of your birthday or the month or is it just on the day? I'd rather be honest just in case we are asked for proof!
ashilda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our 2nd Florida Holiday!
Unread 14 Jul 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Don't expect free things and you won't be disappointed,it's pixie dust and is a decision made by a cast member at that moment,sometimes if you book an adr and tell them it's your birthday and will get a free cupcake and they sing happy birthday to you!
Do get however a free birthday pin and you will be wishes Happy Birthday by everyone! It's lovely!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn 2013,lakebuena vista resort 2015, Santa Fe Paris 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris 2018,Clarion inn 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019

Edited at 04:58 PM.
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Shhh secretly looking at 2021
Unread 14 Jul 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzymum23
Trying for More Ears

We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary this year whilst there, wore our badges for the first week, loads of cast members wished us a happy anniversary. We were sang to and give a candle in ice cream after our meal in teppen edo for free and in our last couple of days, when we were at the boardwalk and not wearing our badges given a Mickey cupcake for free (probably needed eating up) but it was lovely all the same x
dizzymum23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
VIP Dibber

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Disneys view of celebrating your birthday is: as long as your birthday is in the 6 months prior, or 6 months following your vacation, then feel free to celebrate
Husband to endlessly understanding wife. Dad to three amazing kids. Mobile cash point and family taxi. Any opinions expressed are usually my own, or borrowed from people more intelligent than me. Please make cheques payable to 'Cash'.
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The Big Blusteryday Blowout
Unread 14 Jul 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
Apprentice Imagineer

Outwith the Disney bubble...

Most restaurant clubs send you a voucher for use a few weeks either side of your actual birthday so you can be honest and still get a bargain .

From memory, Maggianos and Texas de Brazil were good offers.
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
2017; 3 gingers and an odd one
Unread 14 Jul 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ashilda
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Originally Posted by cheekydeeky View Post
Outwith the Disney bubble...

Most restaurant clubs send you a voucher for use a few weeks either side of your actual birthday so you can be honest and still get a bargain .

From memory, Maggianos and Texas de Brazil were good offers.
Ah that's good to know thank you, now to compile my list of places to sign up to! I will take a look at your suggestions too 😁
ashilda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our 2nd Florida Holiday!
Unread 14 Jul 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
VIP Dibber

I think you are talking more about offsite places where you can sign up in advance, if so it depends on the place. The Landry's card you get a reward to be used in the month of your birthday for example. For IHOP I think it can be used the week before and the week after, Longhorns I think you can get a free dessert on your birthday but not sure if that's just on the actual day. Most places will say when you sign up

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Next stop AKL
Unread 14 Jul 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A similar thread from a few days ago

https://DIBB.in/13948039

Mick