Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 8 Jul 19, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Djcraigod
Excited about Disney

Dessert Party - worth it?

Hello! Just looking at the dessert party options to get a good view of Happily Ever After. The dessert party at Tomorrowland Terrace with reserved seating viewing area was the one I looked at. Not cheap though!

Is it worth it? Anyone been and would like to share their experience?
Djcraigod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Spike1911
Excited about Disney

Mobile

The only one I think that’s worth it is the frozen one at Epcot as it includes alcohol.
Spike1911 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Djcraigod
Excited about Disney

Anyone else?
Djcraigod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
chloe87
Getting Excited

chloe87's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
It does depend what you consider "worth It".
We did the dessert party when it was wishes and enjoyed the experience. Can you eat enough dessert for the price... probably not! But as a special event as a treat (it was my husband and sons birthday) it was nice to do. They now do two different types at MK so im not sure what one would be best.
This year we are hoping to do frozen dessert party at epcot, for same reason, its their birthday treat and its something different.
chloe87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
vickyventurini
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

I was looking at this yesterday but wasn’t sure the angle at MK was right for the light effects on the castle, I’m sure someone can chime in who has actually done it .
vickyventurini is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Rossmasa
VIP Dibber

Ferrytale Wishes (think its called Ferrytale fireworks now) is the best dessert Party to see the fireworks , get a view unlike any other from seven seas lagoon , loads of deserts and drinks (including alcohol if you wish)
Caribbean Beach Resort August 2016
Coronado Springs Resort August 2014, 2015, 2017 2018, 2019 (Gran Destino)
Art Of Animation December 2021 2022
Pop Century May 2023 & Christmas New Year 2023/2024
Rossmasa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

At MK I prefer the Plaza Gardens one, slightly cheaper than the seated version on Tomorrowland Terrace and you get a great straight on view of the castle (while the seated Terrace one is off to the side).

The times I've visited (either Thanksgiving week or when Christmas parties are on) I've found it definitely worth it for me. The increase in projections for Happily Ever After make getting a decent spot facing the castle more important and Main Street/the hub can get pretty crazy. The dessert party area was very chilled out in comparison.

Also, re. the previous poster. The Ferry version may have been good when Wishes was on but you won't see any of the castle projections from the ferry for HEA.

Edited at 11:04 AM.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Grace_1412
Excited about Disney

We did it 3 years ago and really enjoyed it. We got there early and had a seat at the front although some at the back tables needed to stand because of the overhang from the roof.

the view was excellent, the deserts were OK, was it worth it...is anything in Disney that you have to pay for, it is probably over priced but glad we did it (but wouldnt do it a second time)
Grace_1412 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

We did the plaza gardens dessert party on October after recommendations on here we went for that over the Tomorrowland terrace option. Desserts are served in the same place which were quite pleasant. Certainly not worth the price for those alone though. We were then walked across to the plaza gardens viewing area to watch the fireworks. Quite busy but nothing compared to the craziness outside in the Hub.
Whether it was worth the price is very subjective. I have been looking at them again for our trip next year and I’m not sure I can justify the cost again with there being 5 of us.
We did an illuminations cruise on the same trip and for relaxation that was probably the better value of the two.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Djcraigod
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
We did the plaza gardens dessert party on October after recommendations on here we went for that over the Tomorrowland terrace option. Desserts are served in the same place which were quite pleasant. Certainly not worth the price for those alone though. We were then walked across to the plaza gardens viewing area to watch the fireworks. Quite busy but nothing compared to the craziness outside in the Hub.
Whether it was worth the price is very subjective. I have been looking at them again for our trip next year and I’m not sure I can justify the cost again with there being 5 of us.
We did an illuminations cruise on the same trip and for relaxation that was probably the better value of the two.
Did you get a good view of the castle projections?