Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Jul 19, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
This isn't good

Have been planning our Orlando holiday for 2020 after our last visit in 2018

Been looking at the parks, the hotels, the restaurants and the fun you have when you are there

But... am not sure I can wait that long, we need our fix sooner

do we bring the holiday forward, leave it as it is or try and fit another one in between now and sept 2020

need you thoughts
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolverine
Excited about Disney

Mobile

All depends on what you can afford and what you want to do while yu are out there.
Wolverine is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
npafc
Getting Excited

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
We've had this dilemma many times but have gone with the 'every other year' choice.

The break in the trips allows us to plan really well for the next one, it also allows us to save adequately and not go without anything when we do get there. Also because of the break there is generally something new to see and do each time we go, never more so perhaps than for our upcoming trip in October.

Having said all that though, we get really jealous of our friends that are going before us, plus looking at Dibbers countdowns that run out before ours can be somewhat annoying!

2023 Trip number 10, Royal Pacific Universal & Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
npafc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Mobile

I don't think you need other people's thoughts, you & your partner need each others thoughts.

Can you afford it? Yes/No
Will doing another trip affect your next one? Yes/No/Maybe

Going a trip between might make your big one not so special, if you go an extra trip will it mean you have to scale back the big one?

Things only you can answer, no one else...people on here will tell you what you think you want to hear but let's not put decisions in the hands of faceless people on a forum, you need to make a decision on this yourself.
Old 13 Jul 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I work around the cost of the park tickets 1st as they are sometimes the biggest outlay. We did a week last Easter for 2 doing only Universal (went 3 days 1 night and 1/2 day Volcano Bay) Hotel a flight £1200 and tickets £500 food £300. £2000 in total. Compared to a TUI cruise 1 week to the Med £1800 with no excursions.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

We went in 2003 not long after buying our own house (my first trip partners 3rd). We decided we'd rather go to Florida every other year instead of a "lesser" annual holiday. Went in 05 as planned, "number 1 child" born in 06, we waited until she was out of nappies, and went 09,10,11,12,13,14, 15 (number 2 child came not long after this trip), 17,18 and due to go again in 19.
We cut corners to get there most years, but would go back every other year if needed.

I'd advise you to set a budget for this year, if you can achieve it then bring the trip forward, if you don't plan for next year.
The problem is that some years we tried to go back to the every other year so we could hve more lavish trips, and as you can see, failed. Only babies slowed us down. Some years we got decent prices. In other years we suffered because we changed our minds and booked late, but not bargain late, we got stung. Which is where you might end up. The more you hunt for the bargain the harder it is to postpone for a year. (dibbing doesn't help!)
Old 13 Jul 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Think I’d wait to 2020 then you will be able to afford it easily & not be on a limited budget, it makes it more special when you don’t go every year
We went to Orlando last in 2017 for our sons Wedding including Four Seasons which was mega bucks a little bit different from our usual Rosen Inn
So really looking forward to September now, fingers crossed the BA strike is called off though 😭😭
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Maybe keep planning for your 2020 trip... keeping that on course

IF an absolute bargain or something that you’re financially comfortable with becomes available for this years holiday dates then do that as well ...

We started on the every other year scenario but it changed to each year ...
Started in 2007 as holiday of a lifetime ... never to be repeated 🙄😂😂😂😂😂😂...
FloridaFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mobile

Our last visit was 2015 and we are planning an (almost) no parks visit for April 2020. DH wants a day at Hollywood studios for his 60th birthday , but aside from that it's a budget trip. Planning on a big blow out trip for 2022 when hopefully some of the hype for the new stuff has calmed down
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

This for me would be an entirely financial question. If money were no object I’d go there times a year. But is is an issue so I can’t! We have been nearly every year since 2007 but bi annual for us up to 2020 as kids at Uni with cars eats all the money 🙄