Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Sep 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
It could be down to the recent storms and near misses with the hurricane. Last time I was in Orlando in September the locals told me that most Americans avoid this time of year
And their kids are back in school.

I think things will pick up the last weekend of September and there won't be much quiet time until January.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl View Post
And their kids are back in school.

I think things will pick up the last weekend of September and there won't be much quiet time until January.
We'll there will be a lot of parents paying school fines as can't believe how many school age kids are here (American) The buggy parking areas are very busy.
Just been chatting to Bell Services lads and they are saying that many families cancelled their trips the other week and are now visiting after rebooking.
Disney Springs very busy the other night also.

Anyway it's just to point out that despite the price hikes we are seeing Disney isn't affected.

We'll be booking next year as soon as we get back.

What's that written on my forehead!😂😂
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by salmim View Post
We'll there will be a lot of parents paying school fines as can't believe how many school age kids are here (American) The buggy parking areas are very busy.
Just been chatting to Bell Services lads and they are saying that many families cancelled their trips the other week and are now visiting after rebooking.
Disney Springs very busy the other night also.

Anyway it's just to point out that despite the price hikes we are seeing Disney isn't affected.

We'll be booking next year as soon as we get back.

What's that written on my forehead!😂😂
School fines are something I've only ever heard of on the Dibb, so I'm pretty sure they don't have them. American schools appear to be far more flexible when it comes to taking kids out of school but still there will be many families who can't or won't do that because they have children of different ages and they can't all skip school.

I'd say enjoy the quiet moments while they last!
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl View Post
School fines are something I've only ever heard of on the Dibb, so I'm pretty sure they don't have them. American schools appear to be far more flexible when it comes to taking kids out of school but still there will be many families who can't or won't do that because they have children of different ages and they can't all skip school.

I'd say enjoy the quiet moments while they last!
Yes, lucky them I think the UK school fines are crazy. (Different topic ! )

Thank goodness for Fps!
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by ElsasGloves View Post
Yes, we had this shot in May when it was brand new. It’s probably the best photo I’ve had taken at Disney, I love it so much.
I love our photo from then as well.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracey2019
Excited about Disney

Mobile

When i went to florida many many years ago it was at least 4x cheaper than it is now. Im 4k almost for 1a and 1c for onsite at disney and other tickets (seaworld and US)
Tracey2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 05:56 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

This would explain with Disney making Primeval Whirl a seasonally offering after its refurb.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Remember long queues don’t make a busy park. They allegedly cut throughput by closing capacity and having less CMs etc. Len Testa went into some detail on this, which is in a podcast, but summarised here:
disneytouristblog/ex...-world-crowds/
Old 19 Sep 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by themeparksandy View Post
This would explain with Disney making Primeval Whirl a seasonally offering after its refurb.
I didn't think it closed for a refurb? It closed because there were unforeseen technical issues and Disney are still struggling to fix this (or, to put it another way, they don't want to spend the time and money to properly fix it because they don't think it's worthwhile). Therefore, they've made it 'seasonal' for now - which basically means it's closed and may reopen once Thanksgiving week comes around. It might permanently close if the technical issues aren't fixed.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
Do a search for some of the new shots, even the worst photopass photographer could do better. I’ve seen terrible lighting, photos of people entering and exiting but not stood with the character, other families queuing as the angles are too wide.
Clearly, I've been unlucky. We've had those sorts of problems with photos taken by Photopass photographers.

For example, when we went to see Minnie Mouse one year all of our photos taken by the Photopass photographer were so dark they were almost black. They were useless. Thankfully, I'd taken photos with my trusty automatic camera.

As I said though, having an automated camera take the photo instead of a person is a little disappointing (although I'm not going to cancel my trip just because of this change).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List