Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Sep 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ducati211 View Post
Managed to get Croatia family 4 for £270 middle Aug
Aww well done I was looking at Croatia but I already have an aug hols booked so was being greedy wanting a few days in July when they broke up but for some reason the date I wanted was extortionate not sure why as all the other ‘Tuesdays’ were cheap. It just wasn’t meant to be
Old 19 Sep 19, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Sunnydays View Post
I have not cancelled yet waiting for Flybe flights to come out later in year. If not might be UK break next year. I am sorry to hear you had to cancel
I only had 48hrs to cancel for full refund, so had no choice. Took me weeks to find the perfect villa too
Old 19 Sep 19, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Sunnydays
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bee happy View Post
I only had 48hrs to cancel for full refund, so had no choice. Took me weeks to find the perfect villa too
Oh no that is such a shame
Sunnydays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Joellybum
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Over £2k for week in Crete
I booked Crete, was £600 for 3 for the May half term week. We usually go to Portugal every Easter for around £500 all in (I am such a bargain hunter &#129315 but weather been rubbish the last two years so decided to have a change. May half term is always expensive so I’m pretty chuffed I’ve got our entire holiday for less than £1000. Jet2 flights were £1400! our flights on EasyJet have now gone up by £400! What airport do you need? Ryanair go to Chania but not Heraklion x
Joellybum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Oh what a night, I came down on the sofa at 3am so I could go on the big computer, and checked every half an hour, finally came on 6am and they were more expensive than other flights I can get so a bit rubbish really.
Old 19 Sep 19, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Joellybum View Post
I booked Crete, was £600 for 3 for the May half term week. We usually go to Portugal every Easter for around £500 all in (I am such a bargain hunter &#129315 but weather been rubbish the last two years so decided to have a change. May half term is always expensive so I’m pretty chuffed I’ve got our entire holiday for less than £1000. Jet2 flights were £1400! our flights on EasyJet have now gone up by £400! What airport do you need? Ryanair go to Chania but not Heraklion x
There is 6 of us looking at Bristol to Heraklion. Flights started at just over £300 then jumped to £400 in minutes. I feel so gutted as we didn't book anything, I looked at all other destinations but everything was a lot more than last year. DH has suggested Florida instead now so might not be a bad thing lol. Really fancied Crete though.
Old 19 Sep 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

There is 6 of us looking at Bristol to Heraklion. Flights started at just over £300 then jumped to £400 in minutes. I feel so gutted as we didn't book anything, I looked at all other destinations but everything was a lot more than last year. DH has suggested Florida instead now so might not be a bad thing lol. Really fancied Crete though.
We have just looked for may half term and can fly to rhodes for £800 each with easyjet or Orlando with virgin with 1 stop for £299!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Sunnydays View Post
If only June no good for us would happily pay that price. It is now £1500 for same day in July so maybe I should have booked... too late now.
I just checked ours again and they are more than double what we paid, they certainly rocket up don't they, but there are hardly any extra seats booked unless maybe people haven't paid for that option.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Nothing jumped out to me. Do EasyJet not fly to Rome ? I was sure they did !
Don’t know if you have found them from your nearest airport yet but flights from Bristol to Rome are available on EasyJet for next summer now. Didn’t seem particularly cheap at around £75-100 pp each way with hand luggage only for the end of July depending on which day you flew. I haven’t booked as I’m just considering next summer’s options and Rome is an idea. If it was very cheap I may have been tempted to book, but I think I will wait a little while

Edited at 08:31 AM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Hope you don’t mind me asking but what price was the villa ?
I have given up looking for villas in Europe , like for like they are so expensive compared to the villas in Florida , add in flights and it costs more to go to Europe than it does to go to Florida ( indirect ) no park tickets as we don’t do the parks anymore but we could get two weeks in Florida for less than the price of a week in a villa in Menorca . it doesn’t make sense , maybe we are too fussy picking a villa ( 6 of us ) but like for like its way more expensive .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List