Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Oct 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
alexisemma31
Imagineer

Wow, prices have shot up this week! I was looking early this week for flights from Man - Mco for my son and his girlfriend and saw flights with Virgin via KLM (via Skyscanner!) for £550 from Manchester to Atlanta and then on to MCo, and the same in reverse.

Those flights are now nearly £800.

What's going on? Crazy!
Old 5 Oct 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Lu Lu
Imagineer

Originally Posted by HolidaySi View Post
Is this an ok price please for direct man to mco in August? Includes luggage.

6-27th
Out: 10am-2pm
Return: 5pm - 605 am
£3456 for 2 adults and 2 children

Am I likely to get much cheaper waiting any longer based on previous years?
Cheers
I’m no expert on early August but I think that is very expensive and there is no way I would pay nearly £3500 for the 4 of us. Would you not consider indirect? I think the price difference is worth it and I also think you’ve got ages yet and plenty of time to find something. I reckon December/ January will be good prices
Lu Lu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
HolidaySi
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lu Lu View Post
I’m no expert on early August but I think that is very expensive and there is no way I would pay nearly £3500 for the 4 of us. Would you not consider indirect? I think the price difference is worth it and I also think you’ve got ages yet and plenty of time to find something. I reckon December/ January will be good prices
Thanks- we’ve looked at couple of indirect options and the savings at the moment aren’t that great. Will also be the first long haul flight for our two kids so keen to avoid a long day flying with connections!

We would like to confirm villa dates shortly so not sure can hold on til dec/jan time! Decisions!
HolidaySi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney babe View Post
We go ncl every year via somewhere lol, tomorrow we doing ncl-dub-lax-lhr-ncl, 400pp, dec ncl-ams-dtw-mco-ATL-ams-ncl 365pp summer hols we never pay more than 500pp, thinkvthe TC problems are pushing prices up, hooe they settle soon
Have a great time

Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
I’ve always avoided the Heathrow Gatwick journey, is it bad? I keep trying to add extra nights on but husband can only get so long unfortunately.
I wonder this too it seems extra added pressure.

Originally Posted by alexisemma31 View Post
Wow, prices have shot up this week! I was looking early this week for flights from Man - Mco for my son and his girlfriend and saw flights with Virgin via KLM (via Skyscanner!) for £550 from Manchester to Atlanta and then on to MCo, and the same in reverse.

Those flights are now nearly £800.

What's going on? Crazy!
I think panic buying...or at least am hoping that.

Congrats to everyone who has booked so far
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Lu Lu
Imagineer

Originally Posted by HolidaySi View Post
Thanks- we’ve looked at couple of indirect options and the savings at the moment aren’t that great. Will also be the first long haul flight for our two kids so keen to avoid a long day flying with connections!

We would like to confirm villa dates shortly so not sure can hold on til dec/jan time! Decisions!
The first time we went with our 3 year old we did it indirect and it was better for us to break the flight up a bit and stretch his legs out. He got really cooped up and wanted off the plane after a few hours! They’re used to it now so if we go anywhere with only one flight they’re disappointed!

I am sure that indirect flight prices will start to come down soon too and eventually there will be some with good connection times. Even if you have 2 hours and you feel that’s too much, by the time you’ve landed, got off the first plane, made your way to next gate and maybe even grabbed some snacks, you’re boarding and off again - it’s so simple!

Good luck whatever you choose.
Lu Lu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Sorry if this is a dumb question but is there any way to do a flexible flight search on skyscanner?
Also the KLM flights are they being bought direct via the KLM website or through skyscanner. Thanks
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Sorry if this is a dumb question but is there any way to do a flexible flight search on skyscanner?
Also the KLM flights are they being bought direct via the KLM website or through skyscanner. Thanks
What would you want to search for? And what sort of dates are you looking for?

One of the best ways i have found to search on skyscanner is on the app, when you are on the select dates screen to click the little bar graph in the very top right of the screen. This shows you the inbound and outbound prices by day. Lets you pick the cheap in and out days.

There do seem to be indirects for slightly more than £500. Though you seem to have to choose between 5-6 hour connections or 90 min connections. Neither being great.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
What would you want to search for? And what sort of dates are you looking for?

One of the best ways i have found to search on skyscanner is on the app, when you are on the select dates screen to click the little bar graph in the very top right of the screen. This shows you the inbound and outbound prices by day. Lets you pick the cheap in and out days.

There do seem to be indirects for slightly more than £500. Though you seem to have to choose between 5-6 hour connections or 90 min connections. Neither being great.
Thanks I have booked Disney (14th Aug to 4th sept) but can be flexible withing reason so if I add to add days on that would be okay .
Just trying to find cheap flights think I am obsessing a bit to much lol.
Old 5 Oct 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
ESE
New Poster (2)

Mobile

Hi we are off to Orlando in August, really flexible Disney 15-22 and need to be back in UK by 24 latest but fancy a few weeks before. Any ideas of what days are cheapest and when to book. We are going with family and everyone else has booked their flights so starting to worry! 4 of us and really didn’t want to pay more than 500 per person.
ESE is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
TheSollys
Proud to wear my Ears

Just a quick question.

Do you all book direct with the airlines or through Netflights etc.?
TheSollys is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List