Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Sep 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Elise79
Imagineer

I haven't done a full solo trip yet however I have had solo time of a few days.

I love to go to the lounges at eat at the bars as you get to chat with the bar tenders or other customers then however I never have the DDP so don't have to eat specific places. I have no issue going out to eat on my own just enjoy the conversation you get by being at the bar.

Getting a FP for 1 is also a lot easier
Elise79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
peachywish
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Following this thread with interest as I too have just found myself single after a 6 year relationship and am feeling very, very tempted to treat myself to a cheeky solo trip!

DLP: 2000, 2008, 2009, 2013, 2016, 2018
WDW: 2004, 2014, 2018
peachywish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Pottery
Imagineer

Originally Posted by peachywish View Post
Following this thread with interest as I too have just found myself single after a 6 year relationship and am feeling very, very tempted to treat myself to a cheeky solo trip!

Just go for it! life's too short!
Pottery is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Kasalic
Excited about Disney

I got to spend some time at Universal whilst attending a conference, and did not feel out of place. Got chatting to people in the queues, read an ebook on iPhone whilst eating or just people watched. I ended up going to the parks 5 times, mainly getting there for park opening, and once for an evening visit when IoA was open until 10pm.

Loved the freedom and as someone else mentioned, Single Rider Lines can be awesome. I found The Mummy, Men in Black, Kong Skull Island, Forbidden Journey, Simpson’s, Transformers, Hulk and Escape from Gringotts to work really well as Single Rider. I got on Spider-Man once, but the single rider was not open when I tried another day.

Glad to hear you are considering it, I’m sure you will have a great time.

I am now looking forward to another family visit next year.
June 2015 - 14 days - Silver Creek, Clermont
Sept 2016 - 14 days - Gulf Coast
January 2019 - 16 days - Kissimmee
August 2019 - 7 days - I Drive
Kasalic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
VizslaMom
Getting Excited

Having been several times with DH and then when DS (now 11) came along, I have thoroughly enjoyed my family trips. We last went together May 2018. I then went for my 1st solo trip in Nov 2018 (my excuse: I needed to have my new tattoo finished )
I must say, I was a little apprehensive to start with...and it felt really weird walking into the Magic Kingdom on my own for the first time, but to be back there was amazing

I can highly recommend going solo. As others have said, you only have yourself to please! There are loads of people to talk to - if you want, that is

I stayed offsite in November but I'm fortunate to be going back on another solo trip next June (BIG birthday trip ) - this time staying onsite at AKL with the dining plan. To say I'm super excited is an understatement!

Enjoy your solo trip, do everything you want, eat where you want and stop to watch the world go by.

The one thing I totally forgot about was the single rider lines ...won't be happening next year
VizslaMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Mezza1991
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

So after much debate and consideration I finally have 10 nights booked solo next Tuesday staying on I-Drive doing Universal and HHN.

So Excited, Cant wait!
Mezza1991 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good for you!, have a great trip
meggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
VizslaMom
Getting Excited

Fabulous
Have a great time...and say 'Hi' to Donkey for me
VizslaMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
peachywish
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Whoop. Enjoy yourself!

DLP: 2000, 2008, 2009, 2013, 2016, 2018
WDW: 2004, 2014, 2018
peachywish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
hollijain
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I’ve come home today from my first solo trip, 11 nights at Pop. I’ve had the best time, pleased myself where I went, what I ate, what I rode etc. Nobody paid any attention to me being solo (I wondered if people might give me some funny looks!) but everyone else is enjoying their own time in the parks and therefore isn’t thinking about what I’m doing!

I got chatting to some lovely people all over the place so didn’t feel lonely, as others have said I had my phone with me to pass the time in queues/on buses etc.

I did MNSSHP and a day at US/IOA as well as Disney. I’m definitely going to do another solo trip in the future, glad you’ve booked up and have the most amazing time! 😊
hollijain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List