Notices

Old 14 Sep 16, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeyFan
Earning More Ears

My Magical Graduation - Day 18 Universal Studios And Islands Of Adventure

We are at Islands of Adventure for the early entry to the parks you get with staying at a hotel. Super excited for Harry Potter and the new Hulk.

Excuse me whilst I fangirl over how good Hogsmeade is.

Hogwarts express train.

Honey dukes.

Olivanders, huge queue already.

Butter Beer cart.

The forbidden journey is closed for the moment so we have fast passes for that when it starts working again.

We have gone on both the flight of the Hippogriff and dragons challenge. So we are taking the Hogwarts express over to Universal Studios to go to Diagon Alley.

The Hogwarts express was so awesome.

On the Hogwarts Express.

Kings Cross looks so realistic it's unreal.

The knight bus.

The Weasleys shop.

Inside the Weasleys shop.

Escape from Gringotts is now one of my favourite rides! I love rides where I don't have a clue how they do things, and this is one of them!

We went on twice with only waiting about 10 minutes!

The Leaky Cauldron was very rustic and realistic.

We've tried butter beer before and didn't like it because it was too sweet. The ice cream on the other hand was delicious! But then again it is ice cream.

The a Capella group in Universal is much better than the one in the American pavilion at Epcot.

Next up is Rip Ride Rocket. I was a bit apprehensive this was going to break down whilst we were on it, which it so frequently does.

On this ride you can choose music from a selection. Dad and I put a bit of Kenny Chesney. It was a longer ride then I expected but I did enjoy it.

Next up was transformers in 4D. I really enjoy this ride but I'm afraid it's a bit wasted on me cause I've never seen transformers. It would be right up my street but I haven't got round to it yet.

Dad and I went on the mummy ride next. Last trip when we went on this, dads sunglasses came off the string around his neck as we were being thrown around a lot. Yet whilst on a moving rollercoaster in complete darkness I managed to catch them. I never catch anything in my life except a cold! I may have a degree but that moment is up there on proud moments.

Next we have taken a trip to Springfield for the Simpsons ride, a simulator ride. I used to love the Simpsons, dad used to moan when I put it on but he always ended up laughing.

We then headed over for Men in Black. I think mum never loses this game.

Back in Springfield for lunch. This place is themed so well!

For lunch I had a meat lovers pizza and a Buzz coke (cherry coke).

Over at Shrek 4D. This is very cool where the seats move to what's showing on screen.

We then went across the street to the despicable me ride. Very cute and tame simulator where they turn you into minions.

Back on the Hogwarts express now to Islands of Adventure again.

We finally got to go on the forbidden journey. I really love this ride as well! Really feels like you are flying through Hogwarts. Universal have done Harry Potter good justice.

Next up we went to Hulk. This was my favourite ride of the two parks until Gringotts now they are on par. I love the way it shoots you off.

We then tried out the new Kong ride twice! I enjoyed it and there's so much to look at you can go on multiple times and have different experiences. Each car has a different driver with a different personality. But I feel like universal uses a lot of the 4D stuff now.

Dippin Dots was introduced to us by my Granddad and Lauren and I fell in love straight away. They used to sell them in Disney, now it's just Arctic dots at the waterpark. So we had to get some at Universal.

Next up is Spider-Man. I really love this ride and have done since I was little! I prefer this to transformers purely because I've seen the Spider-Man films.

Next we tried Poseidons Fury as I could not remember this experience at all! It was an ok show but I did not like being plunged into darkness at times.

We then finished the day by going to the Dr. Seuss area and went on the Seuss trolley train ride.

Then we went on the cat in the hat. A very cute ride with soothing movements.

After catching an Uber back to the hotel we went to Boardwalk to pick up some cupcakes. Mum got the Tinkerbell one, which I am told is Key Lime. I got the Mickey Mouse Oreo cupcake.

MickeyFan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 16, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Amazing photos of Harry Potter world
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 16, 03:37 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by MickeyFan - 15 Sep 16 3:37 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 16, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Fantastic day and great photos

Joan
Old 15 Sep 16, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Great photos (but the memory of that Tinkerbell cupcake is lingering! )
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 16, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

The Harry Potter theming is absolutely fantastic, we spent hours just looking around and taking it all in. You managed to fit so much in to your day, finishing with some gorgeous cupcakes.