Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 14 Jun 18, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

"On Our Way" April 2018 - Day 3 - HS

Day 3 - Hollywood Studios
We arrived for 8:20am this morning knowing we wanted to be there for TSMM as the FP was closed. We arrived to fairly long queues at bag check but to be fair to Disney they were getting people through fairly quickly.

We waited at the rope for about 20 minutes I think once we were through and they dropped the rope around 8:50am. We shot over to TSMM to be greeted with a seriously long queue which was pretty much all the way back to Voyage of The Little Mermaid! We had debated not waiting but the couple in front had told us they’d already queued from here and it was around 45 minutes as there was basically no queue inside. A CM confirmed this when he was stood telling the whole queue what to expect etc... I have to say I was impressed it was very organised, especially with them having to stop the people leaving the ride so the queue could cross over the street – I found it quite funny! We actually waited about an hour in the end but I don’t think that’s too horrendous for TSMM. Matt won in our car with 149,500 beating my Dad who had 114,000. I won on our side with 118,000, Mum had 59,000!

After this was our first FP of the day – TOT. Now I had never gone on this ride until last year in DLP, the idea of being dropped however many stories just scared the living daylights out of me, but when we went to DLP without Matt I had no choice as Dad wanted to go on it. I always get super panicked at the start when it’s moving – once the first drop is over I’m fine. Matt found is absolutely hilarious. I loved it just as much this time however when we came off to get our photo you’d have not even known I was on the ride – a child had fully covered me with his head and arms. This was my first moment of the holiday to get a bit upset (hey I did well to get to this point) I know it’s not the end of the world and I still got on the ride but I like having those photos. I didn’t think we’d have time to go on again but luckily we did later on. When we got back to the table too I realised my DLP 25th purple Minnie ears had gone out of my bag! They’d fallen out and Mum hadn’t realised. Luckily she had only been to one drinks place and when I went to ask the CM had spotted them and picked them up. I really would have been devastated had I not got those back. Everytime I had them on people kept commenting saying how beautiful they were. Matt bought me a BATB cupcake to cheer me up It was yummy!

Here's the video which you can see me on some of it!

With not many rides open the queues were fairly long, but this was our day to stay all the day as we had the Fantasmic dining package booked. We headed for RnR which was our next FP, I really do love rollercoasters but I get on these rides and when we’re waiting to actually take off I always wonder why I put myself through it. We got some photos afterwards with MM (I’ve just realised for the past 2 days of this trip report I’ve been calling it PP, sorry! My excuse is I’ve just come back from DLP where it’s PP). The photographer taking ones with TOT in told us all to look scared, Dad and Matt just looked at each other and as they did this Matt hit Dad with his cap, they started laughing so me and Mum did too. The photo is not scary at all – it’s actually brilliant!

Next up was Little Mermaid, Matt isn’t a fan of these but we were really running out of options at HS, Star Wars and Toy Story Land are definitely going to make that park worth going to. We had about an hour to spare after this before our Mama Melrose reservations so we just decided to take it slow and browse the shops. This meal was amazing! I cannot fault it at all, excellent food, great service and just a really nice atmosphere in there. I was absolutely stuffed afterwards and still was at 6:45pm as I typed up about the day according to my notes. I had the chicken penne pasta and would highly recommend it.

We needed something indoors and cool, where we could sit down too so chose the muppets 3D, we were in that area anyway so it made sense, we then headed for the Minnie and Mickey M&G. Wait time 25 times but it was 25 minutes from getting in the queue to actually leaving after meeting Mickey. I loved Minnie in her pink ballet dress, she looked so cute!

We managed to get a FP for BATB so headed for that, I’m unsure why they have FP for this though as they seemed to let us and everyone else in at the same time? It’s my all time favourite show and my favourite movie, I get teary every single time When this finished TOT was only a 35 minute wait so Mum & Dad went to park up for a drink whilst me and Matt queued, we got front row this time too!

It's the most horrendous photo of me but at least you can see me

We had about a hour or so to spare when we came off so both got ourselves a drink - mine a pink grapefruit cider, while we sat here we managed to get a dining reservation for House of Blues tomorrow at 7:30. We have a rest day so a nice meal in Disney Springs at night should work well. We also had a browse through the shops again and it was nearly time for Fantasmic.

We had a little snack - consisting of churros for everyone else and nachos for me. I loved every second of Fantasmic and it was definitely worth having the dining package so you’ve got decent seats. We strolled in about 8:10pm, 20 minutes before and sat in our seats - the rest of the place was virtually fully. People coming in late though half way through or getting up and leaving half way through – what’s this all about?! Sit down I’m trying to watch this!

We gave galactic nights a miss as we were all shattered & had been in the park for 13 hours! On top of that this was our third park day along with our travel day before so we were more than ready for a break. We’ll be back to watch it another night though.

Cuppas outside & bed for 10:30pm! A rest day tomorrow & much needed!

Edited at 05:20 PM.
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great day

Joan
Old 16 Jun 18, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Wow, that was a long day. I love fantasmic too and would not have been happy with people moving about during the show!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

So glad you got your ears back!

I am so glad to hear you liked ToT. I keep telling everyone I am going to ride for the first time this year but as our trip gets closer my bravado keeps disappearing. I keep thinking of how terrified I feel during the pause after the ride clicks into the drop shaft. I’m telling myself that it can’t be that bad because you’ve managed it three times now! Was it scarier at the front?

Your pasta looks gorgeous. I love Mama Melrose, we haven’t been for a few years and I’m really looking forward to it this year.

We always get nachos at Fantasmic! This was a great day, I’m so impressed you managed to stick it out from open to close.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 18, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
So glad you got your ears back!

I am so glad to hear you liked ToT. I keep telling everyone I am going to ride for the first time this year but as our trip gets closer my bravado keeps disappearing. I keep thinking of how terrified I feel during the pause after the ride clicks into the drop shaft. I’m telling myself that it can’t be that bad because you’ve managed it three times now! Was it scarier at the front?

Your pasta looks gorgeous. I love Mama Melrose, we haven’t been for a few years and I’m really looking forward to it this year.

We always get nachos at Fantasmic! This was a great day, I’m so impressed you managed to stick it out from open to close.
Do it! It's one of the best rides honestly. It's just as you say that first pause before it drops, but once the first drop is over it's actually really fun. Erm I wouldn't say either is scarier front or back, maybe the front ever so slightly because you're closer to the doors when they open? But you could ask to be sat at the back

We'll definitely be going back to Mama Melrose next time, it was lovely.

Just thinking about those Nachos makes me want them now
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EmmaBolan View Post
Do it! It's one of the best rides honestly. It's just as you say that first pause before it drops, but once the first drop is over it's actually really fun. Erm I wouldn't say either is scarier front or back, maybe the front ever so slightly because you're closer to the doors when they open? But you could ask to be sat at the back

We'll definitely be going back to Mama Melrose next time, it was lovely.

Just thinking about those Nachos makes me want them now
Thanks Emma, I feel like I might fall out at the front
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List