Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 24 Jun 18, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
We were there last week and had an amazing time. We did eat onsite most of the time which pushed up the amount of money we spent, but you don’t have to. The only activity that we paid to do was crazy golf which was great fun. The rest of time was spent either in the pool, or walking around the beautiful site. We also did one day at the safari park. We were lucky with the weather but have been there before when it has rained more than not and it didn’t spoil it.

I don’t think they do deals - I couldn’t find anything when I booked ours.

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
CardiffBob
Getting Excited

Mobile

We’ve been loads of times - the kids love the pool (and swimming in the evening), plus the crazy golf, ten pin bowling, the playgrounds, the beach and we normally got for a ride on the lake. We also did pottery painting last time we went.

Couple of tips - on the far side of the site, accommodation is cheaper but much further away, pre-ordering your bikes is a good idea and book any restaurants early - if you know what you want.

The onsite supermarket is not too expensive (pricier than normal supermarkets but not massively so).
CardiffBob is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Greetings from Ferndown

To address the common complaint about cost: you don't have to pay for additional activities if you don't want to. It's meant to be family time, the activities are optional.

The food was good. We ate at Cafe Rouge and Last Iguanas which was marred by evening building work as they are renovating Huck's. I think it's odd that evening dining appears to consist of one sitting, we saw many empty tables by 8.30/9pm which they could have resold. It may go to explain why the meals are the price they are.

Foresters (The Grand Cafe as was) is a good option for a walk in lunch, there's a decent sized outdoor seating area also.

Pancake House is a CP tradition, and one that beat my 14 year old son's appetite!

We played the adventure golf, which being located on a steep hill meant some of the holes are practically impossible to reach as gravity works it's magic. It was a great leveller of our abilities (I still say I won )

The subtropical swimming paradise never fails to disappoint. My youngest had been to CP before but always too young to do the Wild Water Rapids which she totally loved (as we all do). For the uninitiated, think of images of the Gloucester Cheese Rolling event but with the added danger of fast moving water, and everyone in swimming costumes. You make new and close friends quick haha.

We stayed in the old style woodland lodge - which was definitely showing its age bit perfectly acceptable for what we needed and less than a 10 minute walk to the swimming.

Overall we fell back in love with CP and are planning a return next year. Yes it is expensive, but that's how CP manages demand for its activities - raise the cost and reduce the demand. Next time we may go for a new style woodland lodge, but frankly we spent so little time in it I wonder if it's worth the difference in cost.
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

Since the recession in 2009/10 centre parcs only offer a rebooking incentive. When our boys were little 1996 to 2010 we had some amazing deals the later we booked as the Scottish holidays were always classed as low season ie £199 for Mon to Thurs was the norm. When the recession hit everybody started having staycations and centre parcs obviously used this to their advantage.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
CardiffBob
Getting Excited

Mobile

The other thing I love about the Longleat CP is how close you get to see deer - many times they have come up to our lodge while we have been inside...
CardiffBob is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 18, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Center parcs don't do deals - they do not need to - they have occupancy rates above 97% - YEAR ROUND - with guest satisfaction (good or excellent) of upwards of 96% and growing profits.

We love the wildlife - always take some bird seed (preferably no mess seed or you get sunflower seed outers everywhere) - when you get there spread some round the patio, then when you come back from exploring a scene from Snow White often awaits - deer, squirrels, rabbits, duck, geese, swans, moor hen, coots, woodpeckers, herons, buzzards, little chirpy birds - a combination of many... (unless the buzzard is about) So beautiful and relaxing.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 18, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Thank s so much for all of the messages, I am so grateful for the detailed reports. Sounds like it's a thumbs up from dibbers 👍🏻👍🏻
Old 25 Jun 18, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 101
Another thumbs up for Center Parcs from me

We'll be going back to Longleat for our 5 trip as a family this summer and we can't wait. I've been going to Center Parcs for 30 years now, originally as a child with my parents, and now with my family and we always go at least once a year to either Longleat, Woburn or Elveden.

As said above, you can do as little or as much as you like, swimming is free as is walking or taking the land train around the park. You can cook in your villa with food that you can either bring with you or buy from the on park supermarket. We usually take the basics with us (bread, tea, coffee, cereal, milk snacks etc) and then eat out each evening.

As also mentioned they don't do offers, but going out of school holidays will mean you're paying the lower end of the prices.

Hope you do decide to book, I could wax lyrical about Center Parcs all day to anyone who'll listen, you won't regret it

Twitter - @rpaisley79 / Instagram - rachelpaisley79

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Click here for my Disneyland Paris Trip Reports
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 18, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MichelleS
Imagineer

Center Parcs longleat is beautiful,lovely accommodation fabulous walks and plenty to do for all ages .

1996 Music - 2004 Sports - 2006 Movies & POR - 2007 Loews Miami Beach & Buena Vista Palace
2008 Fairfield Inn / St Augustine / POR - 2011 Springhill Suites LBV
Aug 2022 Disney All Stars (with Grandchildren)
MichelleS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 18, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Mobile

We have booked!
Thanks so much for all of your input and advice, greatly appreciated.

Can I ask one more question..we are going Friday 28tj September until Monday. Is it necessary to book evening meals as I notice you have to pay £5 per person. I may book for the Saturday evening, but will we struggle if we don’t book tables?